Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spin route Dublin

• 12-08-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

So i have to bring herself to dublin today she's meeting a friend of hers near drumcondra.

going to fire the bike in the boot and go for a spin any decent route i could take up there to keep me busy. They're going to catch up for an hour or so lady time so i probably Have 4!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

Head toward Terenure, take your pick from cruagh or stocking lane (Cruagh is better IMO!) and 20 mins later you will be in the mountains. You can go easy and head to Enniskery or continue over kippure and to the Sally Gap, again you can then come back by Lough Tay or go on to Laragh, then back through Roundwood or the other way over the Wicklow Gap and Blessington. All superb routes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

The R116 is an amazing road. Although I like going the other way on it. Head down to Kilternan, take the R116 from there, in front of the petrol station. Then there's a pretty good climb upto Johnny Fox's pub. Carry on straight on the scenic R116 until the Cruagh road and then go up to join R115 at the view point (there's usually an ice cream van there on good days). From there you can carry on the R115 towards Sally gap and chose where you want to go from there. Going left will take you towards Blessington, going straight will take you towards Laragh and Glendalough, going right will take you towards Lough Tay which is another sweet road! and will bring you back towards Enniskerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

The R116 is an amazing road. Although I like going the other way on it. Head down to Kilternan, take the R116 from there, in front of the petrol station. Then there's a pretty good climb upto Johnny Fox's pub. Carry on straight on the scenic R116 until the Cruagh road and then go up to join R115 at the view point (there's usually an ice cream van there on good days). From there you can carry on the R115 towards Sally gap and chose where you want to go from there. Going left right will take you towards Blessington, going straight will take you towards Laragh and Glendalough, going right left will take you towards Lough Tay which is another sweet road! and will bring you back towards Enniskerry.

Is it not the other way around, right for Blessington and left for Lough Tay??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

bazermc wrote: »
    Is it not the other way around, right for Blessington and left for Lough Tay??

You are right! I got my rights and lefts mixed up again!! lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

The descent from the Sally Gap toward Lough Tay and the drop again from there are extremely fast, a lot of fun but be wary if you have not been out there before. The descent from Glanmacnass toward Laragh is a winner too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Thanks for that, ill see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

Northside option would be head for howth via the coast road.
    Drumcondra out to fairview is short enough and then the coast road all the way out to howth and do the loop over it.
    Back via portmarnock, kinsealy, around the back of the airport and down through ballymun into Drumcondra.
    Probably 50km or so in that type of route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

oconnpad wrote: »
    Northside option would be head for howth via the coast road.
    Drumcondra out to fairview is short enough and then the coast road all the way out to howth and do the loop over it.
    Back via portmarnock, kinsealy, around the back of the airport and down through ballymun into Drumcondra.
    Probably 50km or so in that type of route.

actually did something similar to this. Howth was nice, so busy i couldn't believe how many cyclists were out.

thanks for the replies everyone.

Advertisement