Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Pick up and Play Local 4 Player Games (360/PS3)

Options
  • 12-08-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any good recommendations for Games Night?

So far we've played and enjoyed
    Castle Crashers
    Charlie Murder
    Scott Pilgrim
    COD BO2 Zombie Mode
    Borderlands 2
    Trials HD
    Bomberman
    NBA Jam

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭thegame983

They're some damn fine game you've got listed there. Fighting games are always good - especially the New Mortal Kombat or Injustice. street fighter if you want a more hardcore fighting game

Worms Armageddon is probably my favourite party game

Renegade Ops is great (Not sure if it's 4 player - definitly 2 players though

RISK Factions is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can I ask are Spilt/Second or Left 4 Dead Local Mulitplayer compatible?
    I've googled stuff like this before and been burned...
    I'm looking at you Resi 6 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Sonic Racing Transformed.

Such a great game. Overshadowed by Mario Kart but this really is a pretty special title that deserves more love.

I cant think of any more off the top of my head which is a sign of the times I suppose.

Personally I'd add in a bit of motion control action but thats something I'm sure most wont agree with.

I've had many a party with friends/family and played the hell out of the Kinect Sports 1 and 2.

All of that said the Wii U is my current console of choice for multiplayer action. Mario Kart 8 and the two mario titles are fun with frantic multiplayer action. Smash bro's will seal it as the must have multiplayer console at the end of the year.

Whats that I hear you say, I dont have a wii u?!

GO BUY ONE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I do own a Wii U, as I owned a Wii also, best multiplayer laugh ever....

But X-Box Kinnect?.....

Template_you_what_you_have_done.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

LittleBigPlanet immediately comes to mind. It's 4 player both locally and online. If you get bored with main story mode levels, you can make your own (if you have enough time & patience).

I think FIFA supports up to 4 players locally but I'm not completely sure. I can't think of any others though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cormac... wrote: »
    I do own a Wii U, as I owned a Wii also, best multiplayer laugh ever....

But X-Box Kinnect?.....

The Kinect gets a worse wrap than it deserves.
    Yes its not revolutionary and no it wont change the way we play games day to day but it does have a few good pick up and play party games.

As I said I'd choose my Wii U over it as it stands but it had its good times in the past. I was a fan of the bowling in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It's all about Scott Pilgrim, I reckon. I've had tons of fun playing it in two player, I can only imagine the craic with four player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Fusion Frenzy 2, Virtual Tennis, Sydney or London Olympics (not to everyones taste), Zombie Apacolypse.

Fusion Frenzy would be the pick of them for some quick easy fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Crash Team Racing is available for about a fiver on the PSN store, you can play 4 players locally as far as I remember. Absolutely brilliant game, the battle mode would be great with 4 people...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Crash Team Racing I find is a poor mans Mario Kart. The frame rate and track design really let it down. You should be able to get much better racing games that have 4 player co-op. The game seems to get high praise lately when at the time it was seen a decent game.

One game I really enjoyed in multiplayer was Castlevania Harmony of Despair. It's not a great single player game but two or more players are great. Get the PS3 version since the 360 one doesn't support 4 player local play. One thing to note is that there's a tonne of DLC for it that makes it expensive and it really only comes into its own when you have the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Crash Team Racing I find is a poor mans Mario Kart. The frame rate and track design really let it down. You should be able to get much better racing games that have 4 player co-op. The game seems to get high praise lately when at the time it was seen a decent game.

One game I really enjoyed in multiplayer was Castlevania Harmony of Despair. It's not a great single player game but two or more players are great. Get the PS3 version since the 360 one doesn't support 4 player local play. One thing to note is that there's a tonne of DLC for it that makes it expensive and it really only comes into its own when you have the DLC.

I disagree about CTR, played it again about a year ago and it's aged fairly well. Some of the tracks are great. Plus Mario Kart's not an option if it's 360 or PS3 only...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did Diablo 3 was mentioned already? Diablo with local multiplayer and 4 players should be a riot!

Advertisement