Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Use Mirrorless Camera/ Canon EOS M

• 12-08-2014 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

New business owner on a budget, however content creation is a large part of what I do. Wouldn't call myself a photographer, and is definitely not a career avenue I am chasing.

I was looking at buying a Canon 650d/700d however I was told I would be pretty limited by the lens kit provided and to see the best of this camera I would need to invest heavily in lenses both Wide Angle and more zooming lenses like the 18-135mm lens. This is looking to work out rather expensive initially.

Then I saw the Mirrorless Canon EOS M, which has the same image sensor as the 650D/700D, same Menu, same Screen (albeit not rotating) and much more compact. The reviews all report identical images for both stills and video. Yes there are Auto Focus issues however as I want to do mostly landscape shooting I dont see this being much of a problem.

I can get the EOS M with both the 18-55mm lens and 22mm lens for €350, plus Vat Back etc. which is a great price so I believe.

My question really is, do you envision that the limited lens upgrades (Yes I know of the adapter for EFS lenses) and size of this camera limiting me in creating professional looking images and video worthy for use with content for business brands??

Thanks for your attention.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

The EOS-M is well capable camera, I use one as a second camera for landscape and video work. It shoots pretty nice looking HD in 1080, you really don't need much more. The EF adapter is probably worth looking at as it opens you up to a world of possibility lens wise.

It's only downside, is that it's not great in low light/ at high ISO.

They're a bargain at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Yeah I can get one with both lenses and a flash for 350euro at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Yeah I can get one with both lenses and a flash for 350euro at the moment.

The flash is a bit rubbish in fairness, might be better to see if you could get one with the EF lens adapter bundled with it instead. Be much more useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭jbv

Argos have it for about € 269. It comes with only 1 lens, the 18-55 one. The adaptor is great, make sure you get the OEM one. Bothered by one thing: the slowest auto focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭jbv

Argos have it for about € 269. It comes with only 1 lens, the 18-55 one. The adaptor is great, make sure you get the OEM one. Bothered by one thing: the slowest auto focus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement