Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about my manager. Is his behaviour out of line?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I started a new summer job (it will be a weekend job when I go back to college) working in a restaurant/bar and the bar manager's behaviour concern me. Last week another waitress went to get something from the bar and he got annoyed and told her he'd kick her out the door on her a$$ if she spoke to him again and told her to suck his.... you know what and shove it down her throat! She was asking where something was and he flipped out because he was apparently busy. She was upset and trying to hold back the tears after it. Then when I was in the store room picking up a crate of drinks to move them out of the way he grabbed them off me, slammed them onto the ground and cracked 2 glass bottles and told me he was using them and to get out of his way. The worst thing was when I called him last week to ask him something about the bar he came over, grabbed my hand and said if I ever pointed at him again he'd break my fingers off! I just semi waved at him to call him over and l meant no harm! Then last night I'd to get the keys off him to lock the rooftop door and he went ballistic and told me to get out and said "Darling don't ever talk to me when I'm working okay" so I left because he scared me he was SO aggressive in his tone. This man is about 45 and I'm 19 and he intimidated me.
    Like I guess my question is.... Is this you know, normal?? For a manager to be acting like this and speaking to staff like that? I was contemplating telling the owners. I hate to admit it but he does intimidate me. Just looking for opinions.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Leave, leave now and talk to a solicitor.

If you have the option to raise a grievance do so if you wish but that's the behaviour of a nut. If he threatens you again call the guards there and then. If you believe, on reasonable grounds, that you are about to be subjected to violence it's an assault.

Advertisement