Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Raghly

Options
  • 12-08-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

I need a little local knowledge here. I need to drive from Dublin out to Raghly this weekend. Much as I like Sligo town, I need to bypass it given the weekend thats in it (Fleadh). Does anyone know a route I could take around Sligo town itself ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Nothing that doesnt go a long way out of the way. Just allow some extra time, it shouldn't be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Could possibly take the n3 to enniskillen, then go to belcoo/manorhamiltion & cross country to the n15. Drive time excluding breaks to enniskillen is about 2hours (probably more, im not the slowest driver on long distance). its proper single lane back roads on that cross country stretch but its only a few km.

also possible to go on to beleek/ballyshannon from enniskillen and back south to sligo, turning off at Grange for raghly.

google maps puts drive time for both routes just shy of 1hr30.

i dont know how that fairs time wise, compared doing dublin/sligo.
    2x1.40 tolls on the n3 too, but it would certainly be faster than trying to divert around sligo after coming from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

True, I've been looking at maps myself overnight. I'll just cut through town. I was over-reacting. Easier to drive through. And stop off to get loaded on the way back.
    If you see a drunk guy sleeping it off in a car on Sunday morning wave. It might be me. But I'm guessing you'll be spoilt for choice.
    Thanks anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

The most you'll be held up would probably be 30 mins, and that would really depend on time of day, I work in Collooney and live near Supermacs so have to drive that road every day, not worth losing time driving cross country on some worse roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

You will be travelling along the mid block route.

All the car parking is off it and some of the junctions are closed to right turns to keep both lanes open straight through. The delay should be negligible. There can be traffic jams in Enniskillen sometimes.

Because of the lake you would have to go vis dromahair but it is a 25 mile detour. Turning off at the carrowe roundabout on the way into sligo and coming out at Calry the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I was passing through town on the mid block route at lunchtime and it was fine then. Slight delays but nothing to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just to let you all know (as if anybody cares) ...zipped right through taking the N15 out. So there and back in time for tea. Best wishes from Dublin.

Advertisement