Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE MOMENT OF TRUTH! **Official Results Panic/Relief Thread**

• 12-08-2014 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

This is where you come to panic whilst awaiting your results, and maybe it's where you'll be rejoicing tomorrow morning if you get what you want :D

ONLY FOURTEEN MORE HOURS-(ish)! :(:( :eek: :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm just here for onethreefive's posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Let the brick shìtting commence! If I see a C or worse in anything other than Irish tomorrow I will cry I think...:pac:

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Let the brick shìtting commence! If I see a C or worse in anything other than Irish tomorrow I will cry I think...:pac:

Thankfully I don't have to worry about Irish. I would have struggled to pass that at OL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

In the grand scheme of things, points DO NOT define a person. At the end of the day all you could do was your best.

I had an awful Leaving Cert (7 years ago :eek:) because I didn't apply myself and had to live with the consequences. I got enough points for a multimedia course in Dundalk. A course I had no intention of doing and ended up dropping out.

In truth, our guidance counsellors were dreadful in school but I genuinely had no idea what I wanted to do. Sound engineering was maybe something I wanted to do and I thought multimedia would be a gateway into that. Again, didn't apply myself and floundered through that first year before calling it quits.

At this stage I was 18. A very young age to decide what I really wanted to be doing with my life. No harm in having direction and so I ended up in college AGAIN two years later studying computing.

Loved the course but hated the people and dropped out... AGAIN!!

I'm now 26 and only in the last 3 years has my desired career fallen into my lap. I'm now going into my 2nd year of social care in Blanchardstown and could not be happier.

I applied with blind hope of getting in as a mature student but I was told by various colleges that I needed a bit of work experience so I volunteered with many places and got that necessary experience and here I am now.

My mam is now in her 50's and is also back in college studying something she's only recently found an interest in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, is that it's not the end of the world should you do badly. I wasn't the most academic but I've finally found a career to really focus on and have met some friends for life in my college course.

Best of luck to all of you tomorrow. Whether you enter college this September or in 5/6/7 years time, enjoy it and good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Nimr wrote: »
    I'm just here for onethreefive's posts :D

Hahaha! I don't know how I got so worried about closing booklets! I can't be the only one that got stressed out by closing the booklets though haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

Good Luck everyone tomorrow.......sure it'll be grand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Im so excited for the results now :) Will probably be up all night with excitement haha! Would love C3's and better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Waterford Whispers has faith in us! :pac: :D

Waterford Whispers has faith in us! :pac: :D
    “Well you see, they are full of optimism post-results. Once they start third level education they either become disillusioned after picking some ****e basket weaving course or they become too distracted by the opposite sex,”

Words cannot describe how much I love this site sometimes :pac: :pac:

Words cannot describe how much I love this site sometimes :pac: :pac:
    It was not yet clear what the plan that would drag Ireland toward prosperity again would look like, Government insiders confirmed ‘numbers and figures’ would be involved in some way.

:D
    As with every leaving cert results day, tomorrow will start with the Taoiseach waking up each and every student indiviually at 7am, informing them that ‘today is the biggest day of your young life’ before telling them the exact number of points they got and how much debt the state has burdened them with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

It's a year for me since I got my results, but trust me when I say I was NERVOUS and EXCITED.
    I barely slept and think I ate my body weight three times in weight
    I didn't open my results, my sister did and just screamed
    I'm now in Trinity and trust me, points are important but its what you do next that determines you :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Best of luck everyone for tomorrow. Go n-eiri­ an t-adh leat :)
    My turn in a year :eek:
    (I'm guessing my phone hates fadas! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm just waiting for my Irish result tomorrow so I can apply for a postgrad in primary teaching. Heads up tomorrow if you don't get exactly what you want. I did a terrible Leaving in 2002. I repeated in 2003 and did considerably better. I guess I know success and disappointment when it comes to the Leaving Cert. I went on and studied to masters level in an area I thought I wanted to study (totally different to primary teaching). Anyway, what you think you want to do now might not be what you want to do 5 or 10 years from now. Good luck to all anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I feel so so so so ill and nervous thinking about tomorrow.. Not good at all.. Ive been staring at a wall for over half an hour just panicing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

Why are the on-line results released AFTER the ones in school, I mean it takes some time to print and transport them to schools. And why is it taking them almost 2 months to correct them. I get a feeling they are making us wait on purpose - because they are evil :(

Mario95 wrote: »
    Why are the on-line results released AFTER the ones in school, I mean it takes some time to print and transport them to schools. And why is it taking them almost 2 months to correct them. I get a feeling they are making us wait on purpose - because they are evil :(

There's over 50000 students, most of which are doing 6 exams+.. I actually think two months is quite a short amount of time to get them all corrected :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

There's over 50000 students, most of which are doing 6 exams+.. I actually think two months is quite a short amount of time to get them all corrected :p

Is it only one person correcting all them exams? :o. If so, yeah, 2 months isn't really that long :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 K1ultra

Do you need some code to get your results online? I think I had one for last years results, don't have a clue where it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mario95 wrote: »
    Seriously, you have no idea lad. Sorting of script packs for distribution ~ Marking conferences ~ Correctors faced with 400+ scripts to correct in slightly over 2 weeks (and presumably you DO want them to actually correct them properly? :p) ~ Cross-moderation between correctors, supervising examiners, and the asst. chief ... and often ongoing amendments made to the marking scheme as issues arise / are spotted, and then re-marking! ~ Return of scripts ~ Upload of results in Athlone ... believe me, the whole process is very pressurised as it is! No-one is making you wait on purpose.
    K1ultra wrote: »
    Do you need some code to get your results online? I think I had one for last years results, don't have a clue where it is though.
    You should have a PIN number, which your school would have given you at the end of the year. Unlikely that last year's would be valid for this year tbh.

My school didn't give them out. Myself and a few others only got the PIN because we were chatting to the exam aide on the very last day of exams.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Good luck all tomorrow.
    Hope everyone gets what they need.

T minus 8.667 hours... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Your school gives out results at 7?!

Your school gives out results at 7?!

Ahem... 10.667 hours*... It's been a while since I've done maths... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Again, best of luck all with ye're results. Hope all works out, if it doesn't, remember what's for you won't pass you by!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Woop

Holler

peekachoo wrote: »
    Woop

Holler

Go home Peeks, you're drunk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

Go home Peeks, you're drunk :pac:

And it's not even results night yet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Ill be too drunk to even post this time tomorrow soooo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

What time do the schools actually get the results at? Early tomorrow morning?

Advertisement