Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE MOMENT OF TRUTH! **Official Results Panic/Relief Thread**

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Mcd2812 wrote: »
    What time do the schools actually get the results at? Early tomorrow morning?

9ish I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Not liking the title :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AlTahir

I'm ****ting myself, I just want all this to be over, 350+ and I'll be very happy :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Best of luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Good luck everyone, even if you don't do as well as you hoped there are many many options. The UK is one that many dont consider.

Oh my god i have never been so nervous.Repeating adds 1000000% more pressure :pac:

Whats for you wont pass you by :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

The schools pick the results up from the post offices around 7ish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

d1234 wrote: »
    The schools pick the results up from the post offices around 7ish!
    Yeah and then there's a rush to get them sorted and checked and into envelopes and what have you before the hordes descend ... ;)

Edit: oh and before I forget / ye all go to bed, best of luck to everyone. ;)

And be careful calculating points! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AlTahir

Can't sleep, going to be up all night :/ gonna be a looong night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

So who's doing what I did 5 years ago and watching a marathon of House?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Don't forget to add on your bonus points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Good luck all! This time three years ago I was in the same boat. I didn't sleep a wink all night and had to go home to bed after I got them before heading out for the celebrations. My little brother is getting his tomorrow and I probably won't be able to sleep for him while he's snoring away cool as a breeze :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Daughters friend failed ol maths by half a point last year repeted this year so I am praying for her as well as my daughter

The best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Good luck for tomorrow everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I was in your shoes last year and I hope you all get what you wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

The Leaving Cert is such a stressful time and although I didn't sit it this year I really hope everyone gets what they want. If you don't, as you've heard a zillion times it's not the end of the world at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I did my LC last year. I barely did any work for it, and I got 50 more points than I was expecting. I got my course and passed all my end of year exams so I'll be heading into second year soon. I can barely remember my leaving cert or secondary school for that matter, soon enough you realise they are just in the past and don't matter anymore. All I'm saying is, you probably did better than you think you did and if you ***ed up you'll always have another shot at it.

Just make sure you didn't put down an arts degree on your CAO....

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I got an E in higher level maths. I'm gutted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Got 5as and a B1 all at higher level . With 25 bonus points I manage 580. A bit lower than what I was hoping for but still over the moon .
    I hope everyone is happy with what you get .
    Never settle for second best guys !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Shane15 wrote: »
    I got an E in higher level maths. I'm gutted...

Also in the same boat as you! Gonna have it re-checked but also gonna do the CIT maths exam and take the place at CIT if the re-check fails

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Also in the same boat as you! Gonna have it re-checked but also gonna do the CIT maths exam and take the place at CIT if the re-check fails

I'm going to do the same, I can't believe it... :/

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Shane15 wrote: »
    I'm going to do the same, I can't believe it... :/

Good luck.

You too! I just rang up UCC there and they said that because I failed maths, the compensation kicks in and if I have enough points with all my other subjects I will still get offered the place! Might be worthwhile to ring up the college's admissions office and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Wheres everyone going for results night? Not sure am i heading out, money is tight after paying for accommodation:(...got 550 and am soooo happy after repeating. if anyone whos debating repeating is reading this, do it don't settle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

20 points down on what i need at 455. Everything was good except for dcg, i had a very good project and a decent exam deffo not justified with a c1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭brian888

Went in not having a clue where I stood, came out with 460 points. My strong subjects were actually my weak subjects in that I got a C3 in economics and a D1 in chemistry but my HL Maths and Languages saved my arse. 95 points for a C1 is exactly the reason I chance my arm, having failed HL Maths in February mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenAnn

Very relieved right now! I was very doubtful if I'd even reach the 500 mark and it turns out I got 555! Miracles do happen! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

well I had applied for events management with public relations in gmit and got over 30 points for entry requirement but I didn't get enough for maths :/ I got a D2 when I needed a B2. Pretty ****ty. I got 250 points and had arts as first choice as my level 8, cut off last year was 300 and it ain't gonna drop 50 points. I was happy with my results, could've done better but meh.
    really wish I had gotten the b2 in foudation maths tbh don't even know what I'll get offered now on Monday! I have an interview for a plc on the 27th August..I have humanities in Carlow Down as a CAO option aswell and I got over the points requirement for that too. God the gmit is a sickener when I got the points but not the grade though!!

Advertisement