Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging bags of coins for notes

Options
  • 12-08-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭

Have around 20 bags of coins sorted ready to be exchanged. Is the bank my only option or will a post office, credit union or other do it? Queues can be lengthy at times in my local bank.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

In my experience post office is your best bet.
    Most Banks may only accept coin at certain a times so would check first.
    My local credit union would only accept a max of 40€ of coin a day into an account. They would not exchange coin for paper money.
    So my advice would be to research first.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

If going to a bank, ring ahead and see what days they'll take coins. Last time I lugged a load of bagged coins to the bank they told me they only took them
    on Tuesdays. She cashed them for me "just this once".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Some Credit Unions are more flexible than others...it really depends on the CU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Some places may not take them if they are not full bags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

we must have very accommodating bank and cu.
    no problem going in with coins in bags, and not even full amounts in bags either.
    not a word/look, just great service:)

i do realise not everywhere is so blessed;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Ask in your local. Pubs get charged for getting coins at the bank and are more than happy to give notes in return.

Advertisement