Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free fees initiative?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Think it's a fiver to USI too

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Think it's a fiver to USI too

A fiver for USI is excellent value

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

Can anyone post a link for eligibility on free tuition fees? Thanks,Would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Far as I know, as long as you don't have a degree already, you're eligible. Kind of. I mean if you already went to college and did first year, but not second or third... then you'd have to pay for first year, but not the other two, if that makes sense?

You'd still have to pay the registration fee, which is ginormous, unless that's covered by grant or back to education allowance? I have no idea of that stuff unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

mickstupp wrote: »
    Far as I know, as long as you don't have a degree already, you're eligible. Kind of. I mean if you already went to college and did first year, but not second or third... then you'd have to pay for first year, but not the other two, if that makes sense?

You'd still have to pay the registration fee, which is ginormous, unless that's covered by grant or back to education allowance? I have no idea of that stuff unfortunately.

So if I understand correctly, if you are eligible for susi and you are an undergrad(ie get free fees) all you would have to contribute is the student leavy + accom or trips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Think so. But don't take my word for it, I was never eligible for that stuff.

The Fees guys should be in tomorrow:
    https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/student-fees-grants/contact

Advertisement