Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Institute - any experience(s)?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I'm considering applying for a course in the Fitzwilliam Institute, specifically their Evening Diploma in Java Programming

Obviously before I part with a not-insignificant sum of cash I want to look into the credentials of the institute itself, as well as the course and the accreditation, if possible.

Do any boards.ie users have any personal experience with the Fitzwilliam Institute or with that course in particular?

I'd appreciate any input or advice anybody could give me. Thanks in advance.

(Apologies, but as a newly registered boards.ie user I'm unable to post links to the course and institute in my thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cerberus7

Giving this a bump in the hope of getting some feedback from anybody who may have had any dealings with the Fitzwilliam Institute in the past. Responses appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Cerberus7 wrote: »
    Giving this a bump in the hope of getting some feedback from anybody who may have had any dealings with the Fitzwilliam Institute in the past. Responses appreciated. Thanks.

If you Google 'site:www.boards.ie Fitzwilliam Institute' there are a number of threads about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cerberus7

String wrote: »
    If you Google 'site:boards.ie Fitzwilliam Institute' there are a number of threads about it

Not for this particular course mate. Looking for people who've done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bshmf

I completed this course just before Christmas. Overall the it was very good, the tutor is excellent. It was very intensive and fast moving. For most of the students this was good, but there were a small number who struggled and who were clearly not suited to the course. These people tended to slow the course down as the trainer had to spend a lot of time with them.

Facilities were poor. The course is taught on very basic laptops and there were some problems with these in the early stages. The chairs are the cheap plastic variety, they are uncomfortable to sit on for 3 hours and the tables are too small.

To summarise: the training is excellent, but is let down by poor facilities. The course is run in Dublin city centre in an office block off Capel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bshmf

A friend is doing the course now. There is a different trainer who appears to be less able.

• Advertisement
Advertisement