Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on stolen post

Options
  • 12-08-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭

My post was stolen today by a neighbour, odd thing is they only took one item.
    I got a delivery of 6 dvds in 6 different envelopes, only 5 were left when they were brought up to me by my land lord when he was collecting the rent, one of these was opened. This is not the first time my post has been opened but it is the first time some of it has been stolen, upon leaving to go out this evening several hours after the post had been given to me I discovered the missing envelope empty in the top of the communal bin outside.

I will be calling the landlord to discuss this at length tomorrow morning and am wondering what are my rights here on this matter and should I get the Gardai involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Was it the landlord that stole it or a neighbour who gave it to the landlord?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

wench wrote: »
    No, she isn't. She can't open or destroy it, but she can return it to sender.
    An Post will redirect to your new address, for a fee.
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Managing+Mail/Redirection/
    There's no obligation on her to do anything with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Back to my issue, No I don't think the LL stole anything. At least I hope not, I am still waiting to hear from LL on issue before I escalate it, real invasion of privacy having my post touched at all even by LL, place I am in is a ghetto but I am stuck here on rent allowance until I get a job and funds to escape, not relevant to this issue really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's illegal to tamper with another persons post.

If someone else is opening your post or stealing any of it you can absolutely go to the gardai.

Advertisement