Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get rid of a mattress in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Folks, I need to dispose of an old mattress in Dublin, I don't want to take anytime off work. I live in Artane, how would I go about disposing of it?
    Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's a container for them in the Recycling centre at the North Strand. Not sure if their hours would suit you though. 10am - 4pm
    The place up by Coolock Garda station might take them - don't know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

cool, thanks spurious, I will check them out, might be able to get rid of it on Saturday .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I think the traditional method is to drop them in the royal canal round the back of Des Kelly's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

fatguy wrote: »
    I think the traditional method is to drop them in the royal canal round the back of Des Kelly's :pac:

Tut Tut.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Let me sleep on it and I will get back to ya...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I don't think the centre beside coolock guard station takes them. The place on the north strand will take it if you have a way of getting it to them or if it's in decent condition you could stick it on adverts gumtree or freetradeireland someone might take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

You could give it away for free on Adverts.ie and see if someone picks it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Did you manage to get rid of your matters ? I have one that I would like to dispose of as well and I am based in the northside too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did you manage to get rid of your matters ? I have one that I would like to dispose of as well and I am based in the northside too

The Estuary recycling centre in Swords takes them, open till 8pm M-F and until 6 on Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

You could use www.freecycle.org as well, someone may come take it off you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

You could wait till Halloween and chuck it on the bonfire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Take Bart Simpson's advice
    Homer: [confronting the trampoline with a buzzsaw Checkmate, Mr. Trampoline.

Homer charges at the trampoline, screaming in rage, but the cord snaps back, not long enough, pulling him off his feet. He inadvertently tosses the buzzsaw in the air and it coils around the trampoline, along with its cord. Elsewhere, in the kitchen, the plug at the end of the cord is pulled out in the process, taking the socket and a large section of the kitchen wall with it.

Homer: [leaning against the trampoline in resignation] All right. All right, you win for now. But someday you'll RUST! RUST I TELL YA! 

He starts laughing insanely and falls to his knees, Bart approaches

Bart: Dad. Dad! [Homer stops laughing] Do you really wanna get rid of this trampoline?
    Homer: [sober] Uh-huh.

Bart: Observe, a bike lock!

Bart locks the trampoline to a pole using the bike lock

Bart: Now just turn around and count to three. One...two...three!

They turn around and see Snake Jailbird cutting the chain with some kind of shears

Bart: Uh...better make it five!Snake (off-screen): Alright! I got me a bed!]

The Cool wrote: »
    You could use www.freecycle.org as well, someone may come take it off you.

I don't mind giving it away the only problem is the spring is poking out on one side.. so better to dispose it

stevek93 wrote: »
    You could wait till Halloween and chuck it on the bonfire.

That would have been me 5 years ago.. but not any more :P

Stheno wrote: »
    The Estuary recycling centre in Swords takes them, open till 8pm M-F and until 6 on Saturdays

Cool Thanks.. do you know know how much it may cost ?

bumper234 wrote: »
    Take Bart Simpson's advice
    Homer: [confronting the trampoline with a buzzsaw Checkmate, Mr. Trampoline.

Homer charges at the trampoline, screaming in rage, but the cord snaps back, not long enough, pulling him off his feet. He inadvertently tosses the buzzsaw in the air and it coils around the trampoline, along with its cord. Elsewhere, in the kitchen, the plug at the end of the cord is pulled out in the process, taking the socket and a large section of the kitchen wall with it.

Homer: [leaning against the trampoline in resignation] All right. All right, you win for now. But someday you'll RUST! RUST I TELL YA! 

He starts laughing insanely and falls to his knees, Bart approaches

Bart: Dad. Dad! [Homer stops laughing] Do you really wanna get rid of this trampoline?
    Homer: [sober] Uh-huh.

Bart: Observe, a bike lock!

Bart locks the trampoline to a pole using the bike lock

Bart: Now just turn around and count to three. One...two...three!

They turn around and see Snake Jailbird cutting the chain with some kind of shears

Bart: Uh...better make it five!Snake (off-screen): Alright! I got me a bed!]

haha I just went back and watched that episode it was good :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart's_Inner_Child

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cool Thanks.. do you know know how much it may cost ?

not sure, if you can fit it in a car it would probably be €24?

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/environment/rubbish-and-recycling/recycling-centres/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Recycling companies would take it off you for about that price(25 quid). Thing is its great people posting links to sites that take mattresses but as most of us have cars, we have no way of getting a mattress to those facilities!!

Advertisement