Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it so hard to place a simple order with 1901?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I started, what I thought would be a simple transaction with eircom. I was wrong. I have embarked on a journey that has exposed me to new depths of incompetence and a total lack of consistent training. This is in relation to a/c no (on request), which is in my wife’s name (on request)

49 days ago on the 25/6/2014, I saw the product, Wireless Powerline Extender Kit, (link below) on your website. This is a transmitter and a receiver for boosting a wifi signal within a premises. The only option was to ring 1901 and order it there.
    http://www.eircom.net/accessories/homeplugs/homeplugs/plug2/
    I rang 1901 and spoke to Emma she placed order no (on request), but she sent me the wrong item, she sent me Wireless Powerline Extender Single (link below) which is useless to me as this is only a receiver with no transmitter included.
    http://www.eircom.net/accessories/homeplugs/homeplugs/powerlineextender/

I rang 1901 again on the 30/6/2014, I spoke to an agent (I didn't get her name) who kept trying to transfer me to broadband support despite me repeatedly telling her that it was a sales issue not a support issue, she got quite irate with me as I refused to allow her to transfer me. I eventually spoke to a supervisor who apologised for the mistake advised me to return the incorrect item to the address below, I did this on Tuesday the 1/7/2014. A new order for the required item was placed (on request)

Eircom logistics
    Crag avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

I never received order no (on request). I rang 1901 again on the 31/7/2014, I advised the agent I spoke to that I didn't get the item I required and she placed a new order (on request). I received my new parcel on the 9/8/2014. I had been sent a replacement broadband modem. A replacement broadband modem.

I don't need a replacement broadband modem. I posted unwanted item back to Crag Avenue on Monday 11/8/2014. I will not deal with 1901 again as I have given them 3 attempts at what was a simple request. I want what I ordered, a Wireless Powerline Extender Kit.
    Please send me a Wireless Powerline Extender Kit. This is not complicated, I just want a Wireless Powerline Extender Kit.
    Please ensure that I am only charged €29.99 including VAT for the product I requested. If I receive any other charges for items I never ordered and I have returned to you, I will lodge an official complaint with COMREG.

I am giving you an opportunity to retain a loyal customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

MajorMax wrote: »
    I started, what I thought would be a simple transaction with eircom. I was wrong. I have embarked on a journey that has exposed me to new depths of incompetence and a total lack of consistent training. This is in relation to a/c no (on request), which is in my wife’s name (on request)

49 days ago on the 25/6/2014, I saw the product, Wireless Powerline Extender Kit, (link below) on your website. This is a transmitter and a receiver for boosting a wifi signal within a premises. The only option was to ring 1901 and order it there.
    I rang 1901 and spoke to Emma she placed order no (on request), but she sent me the wrong item, she sent me Wireless Powerline Extender Single (link below) which is useless to me as this is only a receiver with no transmitter included.

I rang 1901 again on the 30/6/2014, I spoke to an agent (I didn't get her name) who kept trying to transfer me to broadband support despite me repeatedly telling her that it was a sales issue not a support issue, she got quite irate with me as I refused to allow her to transfer me. I eventually spoke to a supervisor who apologised for the mistake advised me to return the incorrect item to the address below, I did this on Tuesday the 1/7/2014. A new order for the required item was placed (on request)

Eircom logistics
    Crag avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

I never received order no (on request). I rang 1901 again on the 31/7/2014, I advised the agent I spoke to that I didn't get the item I required and she placed a new order (on request). I received my new parcel on the 9/8/2014. I had been sent a replacement broadband modem. A replacement broadband modem.

I don't need a replacement broadband modem. I posted unwanted item back to Crag Avenue on Monday 11/8/2014. I will not deal with 1901 again as I have given them 3 attempts at what was a simple request. I want what I ordered, a Wireless Powerline Extender Kit.
    Please send me a Wireless Powerline Extender Kit. This is not complicated, I just want a Wireless Powerline Extender Kit.
    Please ensure that I am only charged €29.99 including VAT for the product I requested. If I receive any other charges for items I never ordered and I have returned to you, I will lodge an official complaint with COMREG.

This makes difficult reading MajorMax and our apologies that you have not received correct item. We will certainly have this investigated and arrange delivery of the Wireless Powerline Extender Kit.
    As soon as I have these details I can follwo up. Again, our apologies for confusion so far.
    Regards
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Eircom logistics
    Crag avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

This makes difficult reading MajorMax and our apologies that you have not received correct item. We will certainly have this investigated and arrange delivery of the Wireless Powerline Extender Kit.
    As soon as I have these details I can follwo up. Again, our apologies for confusion so far.
    Regards
    Tony
    I have PM'd you a copy with the account & order no details. I'll leave it with you

Eircom logistics
    Crag avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

Regards
    Tony
    I have PM'd you a copy with the account & order no details. I'll leave it with you
    58 days since I started this, almost 2 months and I've still gotten no satisfaction. I emailed the complaint above to ccm@eircom.net 10 days ago and put it up here 9 days ago. 
    I received a bill today. As I expected I have been billed for the 3 products, 1 I never received and 2 I didn't order and I have sent back.

Is there something wrong with you people? Why am I being billed for products I either didn't receive or I didn't order and sent back to you? Where is the product I actually want?

If I don't receive a response to my satisfaction within 5 working days, I will implement the SEPA procedure with my bank to refund the amounts you have billed me incorrectly. I will cancel my direct debit, I will lodge a complaint with COMREG and I will start the process to transfer my services to another provider.

I demand an immediate update. I demand an immediate credit applied to my account. This isn't difficult. Just do your job. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eircom logistics
    Crag avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

Regards
    Tony
    58 days since I started this, almost 2 months and I've still gotten no satisfaction. I emailed the complaint above to ccm@eircom.net 10 days ago and put it up here 9 days ago. 
    I received a bill today. As I expected I have been billed for the 3 products, 1 I never received and 2 I didn't order and I have sent back.

Is there something wrong with you people? Why am I being billed for products I either didn't receive or I didn't order and sent back to you? Where is the product I actually want?

If I don't receive a response to my satisfaction within 5 working days, I will implement the SEPA procedure with my bank to refund the amounts you have billed me incorrectly. I will cancel my direct debit, I will lodge a complaint with COMREG and I will start the process to transfer my services to another provider.

I demand an immediate update. I demand an immediate credit applied to my account. This isn't difficult. Just do your job. 
    Hello MajorMax

I will investigate this today and get back to you today also, in the meantime could you please PM me a mobile contact number for you?

Thanks
    Al

Hello MajorMax

I will investigate this today and get back to you today also, in the meantime could you please PM me a mobile contact number for you?

Thanks
    Al

I have no interest In discussing this with you by phone. I prefer to do everything in writing as this is what comreg have advised

You have all the details you need. Account & order numbers have been PMd to Tony.

• Advertisement

Hello MajorMax

Thanks
    Al

I have no interest In discussing this with you by phone. I prefer to do everything in writing as this is what comreg have advised

You have all the details you need. Account & order numbers have been PMd to Tony.
    Hi MajorMax

A credit of €29.99 including VAT has been credited to your account. I have requested technical support to send you out the correct extender kit, I will update you on the progress made on this order as soon as I have confirmation from our technical support department.

Thanks
    Al

Hi MajorMax

A credit of €29.99 including VAT has been credited to your account. I have requested technical support to send you out the correct extender kit, I will update you on the progress made on this order as soon as I have confirmation from our technical support department.

Thanks
    Al

Why are you only refunding me two thirds of the amount billed to me for products I either didn't receive or never ordered?

Please refund the remaining funds immediately. I will PM you the relevant order numbers

Hi MajorMax

Thanks
    Al

Why are you only refunding me two thirds of the amount billed to me for products I either didn't receive or never ordered?

Please refund the remaining funds immediately. I will PM you the relevant order numbers

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi MajorMax

I would like to assure you that you will be refunded everything that has be charged inappropriately and I will update you on the extender delivery as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Hi MajorMax

Thanks
    Al

Hi MajorMax

I would like to assure you that you will be refunded everything that has be charged inappropriately and I will update you on the extender delivery as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi MajorMax

I have arranged the credit for the order numbers you have PM'd me and I have been assured that you should have the correct equipment within the next 48 hours.

Apologies for the confusion and disappointment created so far.

Thanks
    Al

Hi MajorMax

I have arranged the credit for the order numbers you have PM'd me and I have been assured that you should have the correct equipment within the next 48 hours.

Thanks
    Al

What is wrong with you people?
    You have ordered the wrong item. AGAIN. Order no (PM sent) on the 22/8/2014 is for Wireless Powerline Extender Single, this is what I was sent in error on order no (PM sent) on the 25/6/2014. This is a receiver with no transmitter, it is useless to me
    link below

What I ordered was Wireless Powerline Extender Kit. This is a transmitter and a receiver. This is what I need and want
    link below

I will not be taking delivery of the product on order no (PM sent)

At this stage, I am convinced that eircom is having a laugh at my expense, I have an idea, why don't you send me another replacement modem, that'd be good for a giggle

I'm so incredibly frustrated. I want this resolved now. I want you to PM me an order number today for the correct product or I want you to PM me the direct number of your manager, your choice. I'm assuming you have a manager, nothing I have experienced in the last 2 months gives me any indication that there is any type of leadership in your company.

• Advertisement

Hi MajorMax

Thanks
    Al

What is wrong with you people?
    You have ordered the wrong item. AGAIN. Order no (PM sent) on the 22/8/2014 is for Wireless Powerline Extender Single, this is what I was sent in error on order no (PM sent) on the 25/6/2014. This is a receiver with no transmitter, it is useless to me
    link below

What I ordered was Wireless Powerline Extender Kit. This is a transmitter and a receiver. This is what I need and want
    link below

I will not be taking delivery of the product on order no (PM sent)

At this stage, I am convinced that eircom is having a laugh at my expense, I have an idea, why don't you send me another replacement modem, that'd be good for a giggle

I'm so incredibly frustrated. I want this resolved now. I want you to PM me an order number today for the correct product or I want you to PM me the direct number of your manager, your choice. I'm assuming you have a manager, nothing I have experienced in the last 2 months gives me any indication that there is any type of leadership in your company.

Hi MajorMax

I can fully understand your frustration and genuinely apologise for this, I had escalated this to technical support yet somehow this has happened again. I can assure you that this is completely unintended and I can assure you that I will investigate this further today.

Thanks
    Al

Hi MajorMax

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The order for the correct kit as described here: http://www.eircom.net/accessories/homeplugs/homeplugs/plug2/ has been placed and the order number is 6867642C. Again, I genuinely apologise for the failures so far but I can assure you that the correct order is in place and a full rebate will be arranged.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

Hi MajorMax

I have sent you a private message in relation to the status of your order.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement