Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing Cheque - Bank of Ireland account to Bank of Ireland account

Options
  • 12-08-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hello I will be collecting a cheque from my Credit Union on Thursday.  The cheque will be from a Bank of Ireland account and I will be lodging it to my Bank of Ireland account, same branch.

I will need to take some cash from the cheque straight away.  Will this be possible, can I ring my branch before hand to arrange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Andrew H wrote: »
    Hello I will be collecting a cheque from my Credit Union on Thursday.  The cheque will be from a Bank of Ireland account and I will be lodging it to my Bank of Ireland account, same branch.

I will need to take some cash from the cheque straight away.  Will this be possible, can I ring my branch before hand to arrange?

That's generally not a problem I've ever encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Before you lodge it, tell the cashier you wish to withdraw some of the money. Make sure they know beforehand that you want to take some out.
    Even a BOI cheque will take 3 days to clear in your account but it can be signed off by a manager, and in this circumstance there should be no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Andrew H,

Thank you for your query,

As correctly stated above by In Exile, all euro cheques can take between 3-5 working days to clear once lodged to your account. With regards to withdrawing funds, we would suggest discussing this with your branch directly where a representative will be more than happy to advise you if this request can be facilitated.

Branch details can be located here.

If we can offer any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement