Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee in London

• 12-08-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I was in London yesterday doing some work and managed to end up in the east end.

Had two espresso's while there,

1st in Nude - verdict - excellent
    2nd Allpress - verdict - OK! despite the excellent service from the Irish girl working there, it took 8 minutes to get 2 Espresso and it was too bitter for me.

If you have never been to either, they both have their own roaster attached (well Nude is across the road).
    Allpress has theirs on the right as you go into the shop. Strangely I think the level of customer service is impacted by this as there were a lot of people waiting around to get served and then waiting ages to get their coffee.

Predictably both were stuffed to the gills with bearded sandle wearers:D

Anyone else been to either location?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Haven't been, but would try to get there when in London again. Thanks for the report! I visited a few places in Berlin last week, not much of a response from the connoiseurs, but that's fine, I just hoped it would be informative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

For beans rather than brews, but if you're near Camden town and are looking for good beans for grinding at home, and you like your espressos, get a 50/50 bag of Santos Dark and their Ethiopian Mocha. It's been my mix of choice for the past year.

It's worth popping in for the ambiance itself, if nothing else; ancient belt-driven grinders the size of a small car, constantly smoking roasters and all run by an old dude named George.

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/camden-coffee-shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Monmouth is also worth a visit. One of their shops is beside Borough Market.

Advertisement