Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2015

Options
  • 12-08-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey, I'm currently studying to sit the UK GAMSAT in September and the Irish test next March. Just wondering if anyone in Dublin would be up for starting a study group with me? Think itd be really beneficial to us all! :)

Let me know! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emmad91

Hey! I have decided to bite the bullet and try to do the GAMSAT. Only a recent decision so no idea where to start. Study group would be excellent! I have a BSc so hoping that will help. Any comments/advice welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nickynoonoo5

Hey! Yeay that would be great! I'll PM you now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lydiamoe

Hi guys,

I recently sat gamsat uk 2014 and think I may be resitting in Ireland March. Would also be interested in study group?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nickynoonoo5

K quite a few people have emailed about a possible study group on Saturdays in Dublin which is brill! Can you guys suggest where would be good for you to meet? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭loopylulu

I'm interested too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 EM1308

I'd be interested too! I've sat the GAMSAT twice now and am living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SwiftEagle

I am also interested and live in Dublin. I sat the GAMSAT last March. I managed a pretty average 56 and I'm going have another crack at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mccloskc

SwiftEagle wrote: »
    I am also interested and live in Dublin. I sat the GAMSAT last March. I managed a pretty average 56 and I'm going have another crack at it!

You would have got limerick with 56? Why didn't you go there?

Would have gotten UCC and UL, and RCSI was 56*! Not a bad score :)

To be honest guys, it was purely financial reasons why I didn't start this year. I was offered UCC but due to my absence of a guarantor, I couldn't get a loan. At the moment I'm working 2 jobs to try raise enough money to pay for the first 3 years of GEM. However this I'd only possible if I stay in Dublin. So I'll take another crack at it (it can also do mo harm to get back into the studying routine) and hopefully secure a place in UCD or RCSI.

• Advertisement

Oh thats tough! I might end up having to do the same thing and keep saving another year. What bank wanted you to have the guarantor? I'm screwed as I really dont want to ask my parents to do that. I'm planning to have savings to cover the living expenses for the 4 years but won't be able to save enough for fees too.

It was AIB. It was a real setback another time as I was 100% sure I'd be starting this year. I'm only relieved I didn't hand in my work notice!! I think with most people (me included) it's GAMSAT first, expenses second. To live in cork fot 4 years I estimate would be around 20k which I have to finance myself, regardless of the fees. So for me dublin seems the only option!

Oh I thought AIB werent giving out loans for GEM anymore. I figured BOI would be the only option as I'll have to stay in Dublin too. I'm looking at 10K per yr living expenses and that is going to be tight :(

Out of interest how do you estimate living expenses at 10k/yr expenses? Do you lI've in Dublin or does that include rent?

Most student budgets estimate 1100-1200 a month for living expenses X 9 months.
    My own budget has to include rent and childcare.

Anyone crapping themselves for these results?

So results are out guys... I scored 53... So border line now for limerick. More worry to add to the list. Might sit again in March to try bump it up.

Does anyone know what Limerick was last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ayne8zlwmhj314

I would suggest resitting it in march, there's nothing to be lost by it and you'll most likely be more prepared and up your score, even 3-5 points would make all the difference.

I scored 58! Happy but still thinking I might re-sit in March to ensure I get my first choice. Are people still thinking of setting up a study group?

• Advertisement

What have last years cut off points for the various universities been?

Here they are:

UCD-57
    RCSI-56
    UCC-55
    LMR-53

EM1308 wrote: »
    Here they are:

UCD-57
    RCSI-56
    UCC-55
    LMR-53

I scored 53. I don't know how to feel. I've heard people with 52 get limerick. It's a long nervous wait to august

Honestly if I were you I would re-sit! I scored 52 in the UK GAMSAT last year hoping to scrape into Limerick and I didn't. I called Limerick a few weeks after second offers were released and they said that not everyone on 53 even got offers. You could risk it but I think if you're up for it you should repeat.

Honestly if I were you I would re-sit! I scored 52 in the UK GAMSAT last year hoping to scrape into Limerick and I didn't. I called Limerick a few weeks after second offers were released and they said that not everyone on 53 even got offers. You could risk it but I think if you're up for it you should repeat.
    Yeah I think I will... Did you resit?

yeah and I got 58 this time round! It's worth it!

yeah and I got 58 this time round! It's worth it!

So was this your 3rd sitting? This is my second. Honestly thought I did better in section 3

Yeah and I'll be going for a 4th time in March probably! Science is the worst for most people I think, but as long as you get 50 or above and ace the first 2 (easier sections) you'll get a good score. But 53 could well get you into Limerick next year so don't worry!!

Yeah and I'll be going for a 4th time in March probably! Science is the worst for most people I think, but as long as you get 50 or above and ace the first 2 (easier sections) you'll get a good score. But 53 could well get you into Limerick next year so don't worry!!

Thanks... My essays got 76 and 50 in section one. 43 in section 3 has been my stumbling block in the past. Maybe I'll become a journalist instead ha 😆

• Advertisement

Wow 76 is a great essay score! How did you manage that? Don't lose hope! You'll get there in the points you need in the end.

Advertisement