Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Swedish in Dublin

Options
  • 12-08-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Am thinking of moving to Sweden next year.

Does anyone know of any courses in Dublin to learn Swedish? Or perhaps, any good textbooks?
    My searching seems to come up with only Sanford languages, which I heard isn't very good, and languages books for tourists. As I am serious about learning the language, books or classes with a substantial amount of material are ideal.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I doubt you're going to get a proper class in Dublin tbh. I'd go to your local library and get all the Swedish learning material you can get; Pimsleur, Teach Yourself Swedish, that kind of thing. If your local library doesn't have any you can sometimes ask them to ship them in from another library. Also check ebay/amazon for stuff. Sometimes you can download podcasts or other language learning type things to help you along.
    Then you really should get a private teacher. If you can't find one in Dubin there are many on websites like italki.com that can teach you the language over Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kellyrose687

Yeah, I had a feeling that might be the case.
    Thank you for your reply :)

Advertisement