Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC results - keeping them private vs telling people

• 12-08-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi guys, what do you think is the best thing to do re checking your lc results? Is it best to open the envelope in front of people or to take it home and open it in private? If I do open it in school, should I keep the results private?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedumbone

i think its up to you but it shouldnt be a shame to tell your "friends"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭Packet Of Gravy

I'm not going to be ashamed just wondering if it would be more modest or polite to keep it quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Imperialist Conservative

This was a hot topic among us in our year when we were getting our results. We believed that you should open your results with everyone else so that you could share the experience. If you were lazy and didn't study much, you would be seen and judged for your poor results... something which we all agreed was fair because it's a wake up call. If you did well, you would get the praise you deserve. I don't agree with this thing of opening them at home in private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

This was a hot topic among us in our year when we were getting our results. We believed that you should open your results with everyone else so that you could share the experience. If you were lazy and didn't study much, you would be seen and judged for your poor results... something which we all agreed was fair because it's a wake up call. If you did well, you would get the praise you deserve. I don't agree with this thing of opening them at home in private.

You "don't agree" with opening them in private?! :D It's a moral outrage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Imperialist Conservative

You "don't agree" with opening them in private?! :D It's a moral outrage!

Irish people are nosey, we can't afford to have people keeping stuff private

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Irish people are nosey, we can't afford to have people keeping stuff private

Good point - we need to be able to judge people.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Sher do what you want they're your results. The work you did should hopefully justify them, don't worry about anything its a piece of paper! Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Sher do what you want they're your results. The work you did should hopefully justify them, don't worry about anything its a piece of paper! Best of luck! :)

Yes only a piece of paper . It can only determine your future .

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Yes only a piece of paper . It can only determine your future .

You determine your life, not a piece of paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

How did that work out for you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

You have to tell, have to.
    if you don't you'll be badgered and you'll look like a right weak yoke when you give in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

-Tze Pung

It didn't 'work out' for me, I'm still in school. Im just saying its just another part of your life. The majority of famous/rich people in the world are school dropouts. School is one tiny part of your life. Its for some people and not for others. Surely rote learning isn't a proper way of examination?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

open it at home, in case you dont get the results you want, because the minute you open it. people will try to get a look at it. :) thats what id do anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Eoghan, he's right. At most, it determines what you will do next year ... college / PLC / repeat / whatever.

It IS important, sure, and the results you want tomorrow will make life easier, especially in the short run.

But it won't "determine your future" unless you let it; there are always other routes, there are always second chances. ;)

Results are good! Im not saying they're not! But whatever you want to do, if you're determined enough you can do it. People get bogged down with an a4 sheet with a couple of grades on it. Most things you learn in life are outside the classroom

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

It didn't 'work out' for me, I'm still in school. Im just saying its just another part of your life. The majority of famous/rich people in the world are school dropouts. School is one tiny part of your life. Its for some people and not for others. Surely rote learning isn't a proper way of examination?

Wow - now that's a fairly sweeping statement...
    Yes there are a whole lot of people who are rich and famous that dropped out of school - and yes I agree there is a path for everyone.
    But how can you say the majority of rich/famous people dropped out???

Oh yes don't want to derail thread - OP they're your results - do what you want with them. All you have to say if someone asks is that you're happy with what you got (or not as the case may be).

Advertisement