Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham V Spurs.

Options
  • 13-08-2014 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Said I'd get the ball rolling for the new season,beaten three times by this shower last season it would be a bit sickening if it happened again,our team is much the same as last season but with a new style of play and a new manager at the helm.As far as I can remember I predicted us to win all three games against the hammers last time and got it wrong, so I'll have another go and predict a win for Spurs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tippspur wrote: »
    Said I'd get the ball rolling for the new season,beaten three times by this shower last season it would be a bit sickening if it happened again,our team is much the same as last season but with a new style of play and a new manager at the helm.As far as I can remember I predicted us to win all three games against the hammers last time and got it wrong, so I'll have another go and predict a win for Spurs.

We are away on this one . I think we will lose 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

We've had a good preseason, West Ham not so much. Those three defeats were tough to take, especially the home game with AVB in charge who hadn't a clue, and it was 3-0 before you knew it.

It's exciting non the less, I love this tie. Absolutely no idea how the team will line up. Retribution come Saturday.

3-1 Tottenham.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to positive this season, until we are given reasons not to be. So 2-0, with Lamela to score one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Away win 1-2 (Ade, Lamela)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd be more interested to hear people predict our line up. It's not easy at all.

Lloris, Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen, Lennon, Adebayor.

Really don't know who he'll go with in midfield. Could be Holtby. I'd actually like to see Holtby get a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Ormus wrote: »
    Lloris, Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen, Lennon, Adebayor.

I'd go with similar but I don't think Davies will start and Ade don't look fit so Rose for Davies and Soldado for Ade

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

I'd say Ormus's team will be fairly accurate with the possible exception of Holtby for one of Capoue/Bentaleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd go with similar but I don't think Davies will start and Ade don't look fit so Rose for Davies and Soldado for Ade

I'd agree with this. I get the sense Poch will start Rose and will tell Davies that, as the new guy, he has to work his way in to the team. Rose did well against Schalke.

Oh, and I was just thinking, it's unlikely Vertonghen will play. He's had no pre-season.

Dier and Kaboul centre back, I'd guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Oh, and I was just thinking, it's unlikely Vertonghen will play. He's had no pre-season.

Dier and Kaboul centre back, I'd guess.

Fair point. Dier straight in at the deep end so. Hope he swims. No doubt the calming presence of Naughton and Rose will ease him in. Yikes. I wonder would Dawson start instead?

Fair point. Dier straight in at the deep end so. Hope he swims. No doubt the calming presence of Naughton and Rose will ease him in. Yikes. I wonder would Dawson start instead?

Yeah it'll be a fairly odd start to the season for our defence considering our best defence is;

Walker - Musacchio (:D) - Vertonghen - Davies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Really looking forward to the season being back.

My predicted XI

Lloirs
    Naughton - Dawson- Kaboul - Rose

Capoue - Holtby
    Eriksen
    Lamela
    Lennon

Soldado

That team is also close to what I would like to see. Apart from Lennon, but I'm not sure who I'd like to replace him with. A toss up between himself and Townsend really, not overly keen on either at the moment. Hopefully that changes.

EDIT: Chiriches Out - Dawson IN!

:rolleyes: That looks good but I doubt we'll see Chiriches, don't think he got a run all pre-season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

:rolleyes: That looks good but I doubt we'll see Chiriches, don't think he got a run all pre-season

Yea just remembered that and was going to change it to Dawson. Have now edited.

Just asked the old man what he thinks it will be and he agrees with the predicted line up. Ade and Soldado is close though, could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised to see Townsend start either. Rest I'd imagine will be as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Any chance of Dier starting right back instead of Naughton?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I read somewhere that this is the 21st Premier League year and it's the 14th time Spurs have had an away game on the first day,Arsenal have had 15 home games on the first day in the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tippspur wrote: »

Ya, the law of averages say's your bound to get it right some time.

I Don't know what to expect from W.ham, fairly unsure what to expect from Spurs so I'l go for 3-3.

that's my scientific guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Tough start,would probably take a point considering we are all over the place a bit at the back at the minute.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Same team started v Schalke with the possibility of Soldado in for Ade.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
    1 Hugo Lloris
    16 Kyle Naughon
    25 Eric Dier
    4 Younes Kaboul
    3 Danny Rose
    42 Nabil Bentaleb
    14 Lewis Holtby
    7 Aaron Lennon
    23 Christian Eriksen
    11 Erik Lamela
    10 Emmanuel Adebayor

PS. do we have a centre half crisis already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well vertz and Vlad are both out.

Think Dawson will start before Dier

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Poch likes to put 2 deep lying midfielders apparently. One as a ball player and one that sits and breaks up the play...was hoping Capoue would gets the nod along side Holtby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Don't be surprised if Kane starts today, he had a great pre season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Don't be surprised if Kane starts today, he had a great pre season

Personally on thought he looked average, his performance against Schalke was abysmal. While he has great heart, he'll never be quick, first touch needs a lot of work.

Unlikely he'll turn into a clinical striker, big season for him with a lot to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

0-0 ht, 1-0 soldado sub. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

1-1 ht hammers will score 1st but a late lamela brace eases us over the finish line

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Interesting team today Lloris walker Dawson vertonghen Davies Townsend paulihino capoue Erikison lamela and soldado..

West Ham posted a Vine that showed Kaboul is captian, most likely means Dawson isn't starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Got that from livescore app but might be wrong ...

Advertisement