Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I deserve it?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hello all,

I was recently banned from the E&BM forum by Axwell. I think personally it was the wrong decision. I suppose it all started a while back where I posted a small business idea (Which I am no longer working on but a different idea) as a young entrepreneur. It was going along fine I suppose until I received a somewhat negative post in my opinion. From a member called Pedronomix who basically told me in plain English, that my idea was unoriginal, never going to work, I was going to lose money and daddy couldn't by this experience?

Obviously I wasn't being rude but was replying to him that it wasn't the right way to get help etc etc. Then a gang of other people joined in including mods and said basically the same. - Thanks for the so called help.

So that was left there for a while, in the meantime I got a pm from a member on adverts telling me I was right to have said what I said and was amazed at how much I knew at such a young age. He is currently helping me out with my new idea and has been of huge benefit!

So that forum was left stale for a while. Then a new forum popped up about trading in the south or north. I thought the south - personally - would have been a better market obviously since its bigger etc. Then an conversation I was having with someone got a bit heated so to speak and I attracted more attention from mods etc. I personally apologised to the op saying sorry for hijacking the thread and they were okay with it! So then out of nowhere Pedronomix the person who I first had an argument with commented on MY forum saying:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedronomix viewpost.gif
    Could be a great market up North!!
    -Are you trying to start a fight. The situation up in northern Ireland is no laughing matter and i hope you would respect that.

Then out of nowhere after I apologised in the previous north/south thread I was told by another member (El Rifle)

''Theres no place in this forum for talking republican or loyalist bull**** so keep those opinions to yourself.

Theres also a career in hole digging readily available for you if you decide not to read what people are saying to you, or are unable to interpret it properly. The goodwill you get from being young and enthusiastic will soon get eroded if you keep going the way your going.''

After that I replied that nobodys personal opinion is bull**** as it means something to them. Then the forum got back to normal for a while so to speak with some positive comments.

Then below under the quote pedronomix posted..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Axwell viewpost.gif
    Mod Note:

This will be the one and only note on the topic.

David, 16 and arrogant..you have been sent a warning. As someone else pointed out the good will you receive for being young and enthusiastic will only last so long when you counteract it with some of the nonsense you have posted in the last 24 hours. Take the warning onboard, keep the posts on topic and if you dont have anything of benefit to add to a thread then resist the urge to just post on it for the sake of it.

That includes the urge to reply to this post, its not up for discussion.

Pedronomix put the spoon away and stop stirring with pointless posts.

Please be specific, as to which post on this thread you refer. Perish the thought that any prejudice may be at play here!

Then to that I replied:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedronomix viewpost.gif
    Please be specific, as to which post on this thread you refer. Perish the thought that any prejudice may be at play here!
    I suggest to just leave it in the past where it belongs wink.png

Which what I thought was doing the right thing suggesting to leave it as I desperately wanted to who could blame me?

I then got a series of PMs from Axwell:

The first one:

You are posting on threads where you simply have nothing to offer, you arent adding to the discussion and at 16 you have no experience in a lot of the matters being discussed.

The point of the forum is to offer advice and knowledge to people based on experience. You posted your own thread looking for advice. Your attitude on it when people gave it to you showed your age a little to be honest and I already posted about that but you took it onboard. However posting on every thread just for the sake of it, posting comments like 'sell your soul, only joking' is going to get you banned. At 16 you have a lot to learn about business regardless of what you think and you would be better off in most cases reading the replies instead of posting silly comments like the above or going off topic with politcal debates.

-- Basically telling me ive no experience with business (Which I have and stated many times before) and that my say means nothing.

Then in another Pm I was told this:

You are not a mod, you do not deal with other posters or their comments. You were told not to reply to my previous note and you proceeded to do that. If you were forgetting about it as you claim then you would have left well alone but you cant help yourself but keep posting and trying to get the last say. I have no time for this nonsense, you were already given a warning today and I previously gave you one already.

You are banned for a week and I suggest you take the time to lose some of the arrogance and start to talk less and listen more, it will do you a good stead on here and in life in general.

-- Basically that I'm not allowed to reply to others peoples comments, and telling me I have to loose my arrogance?

I feel overall im being talked down to like a little child. Personally I don't think I'm in the wrong and I would like that to be justified thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry its a long post!

Have a good day,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP sitebanned for another issue. Closing this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OP is back on site, thread/dispute reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Mr E wrote: »
    OP is back on site, thread/dispute reopened.

Thanks for reopening Mr.E.
    My ban for E&BM is still in place :( Is There an Admin who can look into it for me or? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

See chart at top of screen. The first step is to appeal to Axwell (via PM) and see if he'll overturn your ban.
    Failing that, post back here and one of the Category Moderators for Biz will look into it.

Mr E wrote: »
    See chart at top of screen. The first step is to appeal to Axwell (via PM) and see if he'll overturn your ban.
    Failing that, post back here and one of the Category Moderators for Biz will look into it.

Thanks for that but as I said in the post he completely ignores me and no point because all he can do is give me life advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you can give me some time, I'll look into this over the weekend.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    If you can give me some time, I'll look into this over the weekend.

dudara

Thanks so much that would be great! I warn you it's a complicated story! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thanks so much that would be great! I warn you it's a complicated story! :)

I have read back over the complicated story but I think you were given plenty of warnings to heed before receiving the ban.

There is a lot more than these two posts in the build up, but these sum it up:
    Axwell wrote: »
    Mod Note:
    That includes the urge to reply to this post, its not up for discussion.
    I just want to reply in a nice way if I am allowed

If you had just taken heed of what the mod said, you wouldn't have gotten the ban.

I can see your side of the story, and you were not the only poster causing an issue in the threads (that's not for here), but you asked in the title 'Did i deserve it?

In this case I think the ban was fair.

Hi Davy,

Thanks so much for looking into it and thanks for the reply. I can see your point of view too. I obviously was wrong to reply to the post. But want I was told not to reply to it I thought it was meant as don't cause anymore trouble. I just wanted to sort the issue and apologise to all the people I might have offeneded and yes as you said I wasn't the only one stirring but was the only one banned :(

Anyway if nothing can be done thanks for looking into Davy much appreciated! :)
    Have a good day! :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi Davy,

Thanks so much for looking into it and thanks for the reply. I can see your point of view too. I obviously was wrong to reply to the post. But want I was told not to reply to it I thought it was meant as don't cause anymore trouble. I just wanted to sort the issue and apologise to all the people I might have offeneded and yes as you said I wasn't the only one stirring but was the only one banned :(

Anyway if nothing can be done thanks for looking into Davy much appreciated! :)
    Have a good day! :))))

You dont have to apologise, just listen if a mod gives you a warning. If you want to reply to it, never do it on thread. Just send them a PM. If your not happy then talk to another mod or cmod.

Dont worry about other posters, as I said earlier thats not for here. Concentrate on your own posts and you wont get any more bans.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    You dont have to apologise, just listen if a mod gives you a warning. If you want to reply to it, never do it on thread. Just send them a PM. If your not happy then talk to another mod or cmod.

Dont worry about other posters, as I said earlier thats not for here. Concentrate on your own posts and you wont get any more bans.

Good idea I suppose! Ill just have to wait it out ;) Thanks again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement