Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated bill-entered reading, no update.

Options
  • 13-08-2014 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

I logged into my account online on 11th August around 8pm and noticed that an estimated reading had been entered yesterday, I presume automatically. This was overestimated by about 100 units so I entered the correct reading. At about 1am on the 12th I received online notification of my bill for the estimated amount.

Yesterday afternoon I logged back in the system and noticed that the last meter reading entered had reverted to the estimate figure. Again, I entered the corect reading. I expected that a revised bill would be issued to me, but so far I have received nothing. Should I have received a new bill by now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi sunbeam,

Thanks for your message.

Your updated reading may have been submitted just as the bill was being issued by the system, in which case it wouldn't have been used. If you send us your account details by private message we can check your account for an amended bill, and issue one for you if one hasn't already gone through.

In general, it's best to submit an amended reading just after an estimated bill has been received, to be sure it will result in a new up-to-date bill. Or if you missed a visit from ESB Networks, to have your own meter reading reflected in your next bill, submit your reading to ESB Networks within 24 hours of the meter reader leaving a non access card. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks, pm sent.

Advertisement