Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online play using 4G, workable????

Options
  • 13-08-2014 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭

Thinking of making a few financial cutbacks. My Eircom broadband and eMobile bill pay phone being the easiest targets as I'm on rolling contracts.

Looking at winding up my contracts and getting a €20 Three prepay sim which comes with 15GB's of 4G data.

Can use the folks broadband for downloading games and stuff so I'm o.k. in that regard.

Its the online play that is my major concern. I'm not competitive or much use at games so exceptional performance isn't essential, just a good solid work connection.

Have very good 4G network coverage in my town.

Does anybody have any experience of performance tethering for online gaming?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If your in Cork i think i seen UPC are giving 6 months BB for free so maybe that might be an option to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

jonny24ie wrote: »
    If your in Cork i think i seen UPC are giving 6 months BB for free so maybe that might be an option to you.

UPC are terrified to leave the city or the suburbs. Not an option for me unfortunately.

Advertisement