Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

current account overdrawn - couple of hours

Options
  • 13-08-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there,

While I was on holidays I had my current account overdrawn by an amount of about €250. It took me about half day to realize it, and then I covered it from my savings account.

Will there be any fees for this overdrawn incident? And how much will it be? 

I don't know if I have an overdraft approved on this account, but I can post my account number here (or send you by PM) so you can check it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi jimbooooo,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie 

If you do not have an overdraft facility on your account, and your account goes into an unauthorised overdrawn state, an unauthorised overdraft facility fee will apply. 

The first time your account goes into an unauthorised overdraft in a fee quarter, this fee will not be applied. However it will be applied beginning on the second transaction on your account while you are overdrawn. 

You can find the details of our fees and charges for Current Accounts, including our Overdraft and unauthorised overdraft fees here

We do not have access to account information here so please do not post your account information. Please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 003531 4044000 and a colleague can check this for you. Our representatives are available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. You can also send this query via the Online Service Desk on Bank of Ireland 365 Online if you are registered online. 

I hope this helps you and please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement