Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an external wireless camera with good night vision please

Options
  • 13-08-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to monitor the front and back entrances of my house with two external wireless cameras. I have an excellent WiFi set up so just want to stream the feeds onto a cloud service. I looked at getting a full blown professional installation but I'd prefer to DIY it.

I've looked at a lot of threads here and the amount of kit and kit suppliers is mind boggling. As I only require two cameras I'm happy to pay for good quality reliable and easy to set up equipment rather than the cheap Chinese stuff that seems to proliferate but if there's a Chinese vendor with good quality equipment I'll happily use them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to monitor the front and back entrances of my house with two external wireless cameras. I have an excellent WiFi set up so just want to stream the feeds onto a cloud service. I looked at getting a full blown professional installation but I'd prefer to DIY it.

I've looked at a lot of threads here and the amount of kit and kit suppliers is mind boggling. As I only require two cameras I'm happy to pay for good quality reliable and easy to set up equipment rather than the cheap Chinese stuff that seems to proliferate but if there's a Chinese vendor with good quality equipment I'll happily use them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben

Have a look at the HIK Vision gear, good quality for the price. Available in REW and IDAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

altor wrote: »
    Have a look at the HIK Vision gear, good quality for the price. Available in REW and IDAS.

Hi Altor,

Thanks for the recommendation. This looks like it would do the job but I don't think it's wireless and I can't find a wireless equivalent anywhere on their website. Do you know if they do wireless outdoor dome cameras?

Apologies for my ignorance but what does REW and IDAS mean? I googled both terms but can't find any acronyms relating to CCTV.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

Thanks for the recommendation. This looks like it would do the job but I don't think it's wireless and I can't find a wireless equivalent anywhere on their website. Do you know if they do wireless outdoor dome cameras?

Apologies for my ignorance but what does REW and IDAS mean? I googled both terms but can't find any acronyms relating to CCTV.

Ben

I would always recommend wiring than using wire free for CCTV.
    These are suppliers of CCTV systems, can be found here on the suppliers list.

Advertisement