Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosted UC??

Options
  • 13-08-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hosted UC/PBX provider?

I'm looking for something for initially 10 but growing to 20 or so people across a couple of national and international location

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What features are you looking for?

For a full PBX you would be looking at perhaps a hosted Asterisk or 3CX if you wish to use several providers (since you mention you have several locations). Near to that you could try Goldfish or Magnet which would be the closest to a hosting PBX provider. I think Viatel (Digiweb/Smart) offer hosted PBX but not too sure. Also check out Office 365 with hosted Lync.

Lync integrates email and VoIP into one which may be what you're looking for if you wish to have them all on the one system. Not sure about connecting to IP phones though and I personally wouldn't use it for everyday telecoms other than conferencing etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Thanks, its really just 2 locations here and in the UK with a few remote users in different countries. We don't need handsets as we're happy to use soft phones.

We're really looking for something that includes an IM feature as we have workers on client sites who can't use voice. Have looked at Lync, but as you said I don't know if its ideal for standard voice

Advertisement