Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More bad publicity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Interesting comment in the article about "unexplained nest failures"

There was also an article a few weeks ago about a tethered pigeon in the quarry in Dalkey with what was thought to be poison smeared on its back.

I think it's possible that pigeon fanciers are more likely to be b the culprits!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Yep but I don't take it personally, just condemn it and move on, it's always been the same. Next month it'll be idiots shooting signage, or lamping deer, or shooting in sanctuary lands, or too close to a dwelling...and so it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Genuinely a bit saddened this morning. My money is on Grouse or Pigeon Fanciers. NPWS just don't have the manpower to enforce this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

I heard Des Crofton of NARGC on Today FM news condemning it, calling it a deliberate act, so fair play to him for getting that in.
    Hmmm I'm wondering though was it the Falcon that flew off with the refs whistle before the match in Croker Sunday, whatever about pigeon fanciers you don't mess with the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Not only is whoever done it a criminal but also a narrow minded idiot who begrudges a native bird of prey a few kills to sustain itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Rosahane wrote: »
    Interesting comment in the article about "unexplained nest failures"

There was also an article a few weeks ago about a tethered pigeon in the quarry in Dalkey with what was thought to be poison smeared on its back.

I think it's possible that pigeon fanciers are more likely to be b the culprits!

Nobody who likes pigeons could do that, but not everyone who keeps pigeons seems to have a love for the birds themselves.

Advertisement