Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry Prices

Options
  • 13-08-2014 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

Does any know the prices of a 20pack of cigarettes on the slow ferry from Rosslare-Fishguard?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

lori88 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does any know the prices of a 20pack of cigarettes on the slow ferry from Rosslare-Fishguard?

Thanks in advance :)
    theres no fast ferry from Rosslare to Wales any more, not for a good few years.

And, if youre looking for a bargain you wont get one as theres no longer duty free, so you can expect to pay full regular irish prices, or the more expensive british prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

theres no fast ferry from Rosslare to Wales any more, not for a good few years.

And, if youre looking for a bargain you wont get one as theres no longer duty free, so you can expect to pay full regular irish prices, or the more expensive british prices.

Not the case. I don't smoke anymore but did enquire a few weeks ago when on the ferry-I think about €5.50-there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Makood wrote: »
    Not the case. I don't smoke anymore but did enquire a few weeks ago when on the ferry-I think about €5.50-there or thereabouts.

yeah, 20 smokes are 5.50 a pack BUT you can only buy 2 packs per person, normally they sell them in the shop, bar and restaurants. If you go do the 3 at start of trip, then again towards the end, and possibly in the middle, you should get quite a few, most i've got on 1 crossing is 14 packs

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

scudzilla wrote: »
    yeah, 20 smokes are 5.50 a pack BUT you can only buy 2 packs per person, normally they sell them in the shop, bar and restaurants. If you go do the 3 at start of trip, then again towards the end, and possibly in the middle, you should get quite a few, most i've got on 1 crossing is 14 packs

Correct-If you get a friendly barman he may just look after you though...not that I would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

IIRC on the Dublin to Hollyhead crossing with Irish Ferries recently 20 cigarettes were €6.50 and were on sale in the Costa Coffee concession only. Did not see any for sale in the "duty free" shop and did not use the bar.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement