Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda won't take brown bin back...!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

Just found a link to a place that does a one off bin clean for 10 euro. wheelieclean.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭wench

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Where can I get these compostable/starch bags?
    Brown Bin Rescue do them
    http://www.brownbinrescue.com/shop-online.php

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

Brilliant! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco sell the small ones you can use for an indoor caddy bin, meaning stuff goes in to the main bin wrapped. My bin company provides one of the bin-sized ones every time, which I can only assume is to reduce the smell etc their own workers have to suffer - surprised that's not more common. That website does seem a good bit cheaper if you buy in bulk though; will check the Tesco price next time - they have both their own brand and that brand sold there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The pound shops up here do the bags as well, not sure about quality though. I'd assume the €2 shop will stock them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

irish_goat wrote: »
    The pound shops up here do the bags as well, not sure about quality though. I'd assume the €2 shop will stock them as well.

Your remarkable insight is appreciated. I will be checking that out and will contact the bin co. to see if they're happy with their use.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mhge wrote: »
    Standing charge is cheaper too. I can't find online prices for Greenstar but it's €22 in Panda, vs. €64 for black bin.

The point is that we barely use our black bin now, maybe for dog waste or things like soiled kitchen sink sponges. Pretty much everything else is either recycling or compost, glass bank, WEEE disposal or charity shops. Brown bin is paying for it's standing charge very quickly if you are using it lots.
    Seriously it makes sense to embrace it (metaphorically speaking).

I did the maths and based on last years collection a brown bin works out dearer. You still need a black bin. You still pay per lift and per kg. as the bin is smaller it needs to be put out more often so what you save on the difference per kg you lose out in the lift charges.

Advertisement