Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folio boundary map

Options
  • 13-08-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Hi I requested these of an auctioneer for a city dwelling , they said no problem that they would contact the solicitor for same. How long should this take?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Hi I requested these of an auctioneer for a city dwelling , they said no problem that they would contact the solicitor for same. How long should this take?

Cheers.

Any one can request an official certified copy folio and file plan (map) from the land reg I think, the fee for it is €40. Usually takes two weeks at most

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cheers.

You can get it delivered instantly online - https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap.aspx/

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    You can get it delivered instantly online - https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap.aspx/

Hey that's only a folio if he needs a proper map he has to order a certified copy folio. He Coyld try to print a map off the online system but if he needs it for any official purpose he has to pay the €40 for the certified copy folio and file plan.

Kelly06 wrote: »
    Hey that's only a folio if he needs a proper map he has to order a certified copy folio. He Coyld try to print a map off the online system but if he needs it for any official purpose he has to pay the €40 for the certified copy folio and file plan.

:rolleyes:
    Check the FAQ - https://www.landdirect.ie/praiHelp.aspx
    OP didn't mention about certified, though that is available there too. For many the online map will be enough.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

:rolleyes:
    Check the FAQ - https://www.landdirect.ie/praiHelp.aspx
    OP didn't mention about certified, though that is available there too. For many the online map will be enough.

I work on land direct all the time! There used to be a print map option on the old business account system but it's changed in the last two weeks to a completely different website and I haven't noticed the print map button on the new one yet! If you know where it is I would be a happy woman if you told me :) !!!

I spend my days literally pouring over the maps so it would be nice to be able to print them! Worst thing about the new system is though the maps on the new website don't show the plan numbers and if there are a lot of plans in a folio it's good to see them marked on the maps. So the old one was better for business users I think !

• Advertisement

I work on land direct all the time! There used to be a print map option on the old business account system but it's changed in the last two weeks to a completely different website and I haven't noticed the print map button on the new one yet! If you know where it is I would be a happy woman if you told me :) !!!

I spend my days literally pouring over the maps so it would be nice to be able to print them! Worst thing about the new system is though the maps on the new website don't show the plan numbers and if there are a lot of plans in a folio it's good to see them marked on the maps. So the old one was better for business users I think !

There's a "print current view" on the right hand side of the map, I haven't tried it and cant at the moment because all I can see right now is Northern Ireland in green for some reason!, maybe I need to restart my computer?

I was looking at some houses in Loughlinstown that had multiple plans indicated when clicked on i think, though it would be easier to see that without clicking on the plot of course. I'll check again once I've restarted later.

There's a "print current view" on the right hand side of the map, I haven't tried it and cant at the moment because all I can see right now is Northern Ireland in green for some reason!, maybe I need to restart my computer?

I was looking at some houses in Loughlinstown that had multiple plans indicated when clicked on i think, though it would be easier to see that without clicking on the plot of course. I'll check again once I've restarted later.

Thanks for that print button heads up, I'll see if it's on mine tomorrow, the maps used to actually have the plan numbers showing so that was much better when reviewing your folio if it was any where large. Your supposed to be using Internet explorer 10 or later for the new website so try updating might help your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Thanks guys,

They got back to me and said early next week, No charge to me.

Will it indicate or show rights of way? as there is a lane behind but the hedge is overgrown/wild??

Thanks guys,

Will it indicate or show rights of way? as there is a lane behind but the hedge is overgrown/wild??

If a right of way is registered on the folio it will show up on the burdens section however not all rights of way are registered as they can be built up over the passage of time. The local authority should be able to confirm the position with the lane way. Without looking at the folio and maps it's impossible to say really!

Hey sorry just thinking about the right of way. Is this a situation where a lane way runs along the back of houses?

If so the right of way would be registered (that's if it was registered ) as a burden on the folio that the lane way is held on rather the the folio of the house your interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Thanks guys,

If a right of way is registered on the folio it will show up on the burdens section however not all rights of way are registered as they can be built up over the passage of time. The local authority should be able to confirm the position with the lane way. Without looking at the folio and maps it's impossible to say really!
    Hey sorry just thinking about the right of way. Is this a situation where a lane way runs along the back of houses?

If so the right of way would be registered (that's if it was registered ) as a burden on the folio that the lane way is held on rather the the folio of the house your interested in.

Folks, can you please cease the discussion on rights of way. This is a seriously complicated legal issue within property law and I will be forced to lock the thread if it continues.
    Op, talk to your solr about the right of way issue please.

Thanks,
    Morri

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Thanks for all advice & help given....... Lock it up ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement