Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Nespresso Milk Frother

• 13-08-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

So I have a Nespresso Aeroccino 3 Milk Frother. I've noticed lately that although it's heating the milk, there is no consistency in the frothing.
    Some mornings it's fine, others it just basically heats the milk and creates a few bubbles. Other mornings it's in between.

Does anybody have experience/insight into this issue? Nothing really has changed. We first noticed it when we used full fat organic milk, it just heated that.
    Then began noticing it with other milks. We don't use light, skimmed or low fat milk, it's always whole milk.

We also mixed between PD milk and Avonmore, so it's not the brand either.

Only thing I think it 'might' be is the temp' but I just can't see that being the case.

Help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's strange. I find the cheaper the milk the better the froth.

I only use whole milk too but find the stores own brand milk works better than Avonmore or Premier Dairy.

Centra, Supervalue, Tesco etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Like others I found the cheaper milks to be far better frothers than the main brands. Lidls pink milk is what I always aim for, I've dropped buying Avonmore complexly since discovering it. I also think it is much easier for it to froth no fat or low fat milk than it is full fat. For me when milk is frothed it gets a lot sweeter which is a great taste to get from non fat milk, I don't see any advantage to using full fat milk for frothing, except out of convenience.

Also perhaps the problem is the little frother isn't spinning fast enough. You sometimes need to reset it on an Aerocinno by rubbing a magnet around the contact plate. Try that, it may help speed it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I always use low fat milk and it froths great every time.

Remember that these machines are designed for UHT milk in Europe (I imagine) so the less fat the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

I always use low fat milk and it froths great every time.

Remember that these machines are designed for UHT milk in Europe (I imagine) so the less fat the better!

I don't really think so where do you base this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

With the milk frother, it's the freshness of the milk that counts. So for instance, if you open the milk and use it that morning, your froth will be fantastic. You use milk that has been languishing in the fridge for 5 days, your froth will be worse than awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

My mother uses one of these and says low fat milk is the best. Full fat doesn't froth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

ok, lots of different input on what works.

I thought the temp might be the biggest impact, but I can understand how the fat content would be too.

I'll try low fat this weekend and get back to this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Your main problem was that you bought a Nespresso machine in which you need to buy a separate milk frother.
    Total money making racket.
    Tassimo or dolce gusto the whole way.
    Separate milk pods, only one machine needed and widely available.

Your main problem was that you bought a Nespresso machine in which you need to buy a separate milk frother.
    Separate milk pods, only one machine needed abs widely available.

Wrong... on many levels.

• Advertisement

ok, lots of different input on what works.

I thought the temp might be the biggest impact, but I can understand how the fat content would be too.

I'll try low fat this weekend and get back to this thread.

So only change I've made so far is using Avenmore milk, which thus far has produced perfect froth. Actually, not the only change, I'm buying them in the small carton, so I'm not sure if that makes a different to the temp the fridge will keep it at, it's unlikely. Have yet to try low fat or skimmed mike as I'm a full fat lover, don't like the sweet taste of low fat.

Wrong... on many levels.
    Oh my apologies,
    so are there nespresso models with an inbuilt milk frother?
    Tassimo and dolce gusto pods aren't widely available?
    And Nespresso machines aren't twice or even more the price of Tassimo or Dolce Gusto machines? (Money making racket)
    So what are these many levels of wrong you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Oh my apologies,
    And Nespresso machines aren't twice or even more the price of Tassimo or Dolce Gusto machines? (Money making racket)

This nespresso machine has a built in frother

http://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/product/lattissima-plus-chocolate-mocha-coffee-machine

I don't have one (have an aeroccino) but it looks like it does everything.
    Tried Dolce Gusto and didn't like the milk powder taste from their capsules

This nespresso machine has a built in frother

http://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/product/lattissima-plus-chocolate-mocha-coffee-machine

I don't have one (have an aeroccino) but it looks like it does everything.
    Tried Dolce Gusto and didn't like the milk powder taste from their capsules
    Oh and a steal at only €299!
    And it looks really convenient, I can just imagine cleaning that milk tank and flushing through the tubes after every use.
    I have a Tassimo T55, cost me €125.
    It can make a lot more than three drinks and doesn't need to be deep cleaned after every use.
    I've also tried many drinks from the dolce gusto and while it's no where near as good as the Tassimo it still tops what I've had from the Nespresso.

Oh my apologies,

Well firstly I said I have, not bought... The rest you can figure out yourself.
    Also, this is about getting the best from an existing machine, not how happy you are with yours.

So I've tried with low-fat super milk and results are bad. Flat milk basically, just heated.

Going to try a fer different things this weekend and report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Separate milk pods, only one machine needed and widely available.

Those 'milk' pods are absolutely vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

So I've tried with low-fat super milk and results are bad. Flat milk basically, just heated.

I use CMP milk, very fresh, and rarely does it fail.

What brand did you try? Try using Lidls pink milk, I used the Aerocinno for six months and went through a number of milks to find the best foam and Lidls pink milk is the one that I always found to be the most consistent at produce good foam.

Those 'milk' pods are absolutely vile.
    Are you sure the word putrid wouldn't have been a more suitable description up there in your ivory tower?

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What brand did you try? Try using Lidls pink milk, I used the Aerocinno for six months and went through a number of milks to find the best foam and Lidls pink milk is the one that I always found to be the most consistent at produce good foam.

I used PD slimline...

Pretty happy having settled on Avonmore FF TBH. They sell it in most places so easy to get access to. Will try above recommendations also though.

I did use Avonmore myself as it's my milk of choice. But what I found with using it in the Aerocinno was that a lot of the time it worked very well but then there would be other times where something was inconsistent about the milk and it wouldn't froth. I could never work out why so I moved onto Lidls slimline milk which I found to be more consistent overall.
    Either way it probably takes a bit of experimentation. So long as the whisk in the machine is spinning fast enough you should get results.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

triseke wrote: »
    With the milk frother, it's the freshness of the milk that counts. So for instance, if you open the milk and use it that morning, your froth will be fantastic. You use milk that has been languishing in the fridge for 5 days, your froth will be worse than awful!

100% correct!!! Tried four day old milk today and the froth was awful!! Opened low fat Dunnes Stores milk only bought this morning.......like something you would get in a coffee shop!!!

USE FRESH LOW FAT OR SKIMMED MILK FOLKS!!!

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Mine worked perfect ( I have it 2 weeks) until today. I have tried froth for coffee on 3 occasions and each time large bubbles of milk. All the times previous it was thick foam very similar to a coffee shop. The milk I use all the time is Avonmore and it was a fresh 2 ltr which I opened this morning.
    I have read about the milk variations , full vs low fat, lower fat content in winter etc.

I will monitor it over the weekend but it’s just annoying that the concsistancy is off at the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Edele Browne

Hi guys, I’ve just got off the phone with nesspresso. They said fill the milk frother to the min line with water and one or two drops of washing up liquid. Press the button and let it do its thing. When it stops repeat the same steps then give it a rinse. The next time you froth your milk it will take a small bit longer but it will work perfectly. It’s just a build up of milk protein we can’t see that affects the whisks. Just did it and mine is now perfect! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Edele Browne

I’ve posted how to sort it out. It’s just a deep clean it needs. Fill the machine with water to the min line add two drops of washing up liquid and turn it on. When it stops empty it out and do it again. Finish with a rinse and your good to go. Just did mine and it’s perfect :)

Advertisement