Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair Gates

Options
  • 13-08-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I've just fitted stair gates, which was a pain. I didn't want to use the compression fitted gates in case my son manages to pull them down as he gets older.

One of the best value brand name gates cost €23.99 in Argos. So for a pair of gates, it will cost you €47.98 and the inconvenience of having to collect and fit them.

How would people feel about paying €75 for these same gates to be delivered and installed?

It might make a good project for someone I know, however it's difficult to judge demand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

thomas01 wrote: »
    I've just fitted stair gates, which was a pain. I didn't want to use the compression fitted gates in case my son manages to pull them down as he gets older.

One of the best value brand name gates cost €23.99 in Argos. So for a pair of gates, it will cost you €47.98 and the inconvenience of having to collect and fit them.

How would people feel about paying €75 for these same gates to be delivered and installed?

It might make a good project for someone I know, however it's difficult to judge demand.

The husband does all that stuff for me hanging pictures fixing. Diy etc.

However there maybe people who don't have anyone handy like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

monflat wrote: »
    The husband does all that stuff for me hanging pictures fixing. Diy etc.

However there maybe people who don't have anyone handy like that.

However. Nearly 30 euros is a bit steep to fit and screw in 2 stair gates don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

monflat wrote: »
    However. Nearly 30 euros is a bit steep to fit and screw in 2 stair gates don't you think?

Yes I would agree. I fitted the gates myself (compression)... Total pain in the arse but I wouldn't pay €30 for it! Maybe €15 or 20 at a push. Some shops will deliver and fit the gates for you for nothing if uve spent over €50 but unfortunately I don't know any in Dublin. There's a great place in Sligo tho that's do it all for nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

Thanks for the feed back. There doesn't seem to be much of a profit margin on the gates, so I expect thats why free fitting isn't on offer in Dublin. It might be possible on some of the more expensive gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

thomas01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feed back. There doesn't seem to be much of a profit margin on the gates, so I expect thats why free fitting isn't on offer in Dublin. It might be possible on some of the more expensive gates.

Yea while ud usually get delivery for free I don't know anywhere that would fit them. I think with the shop in Sligo it's more that its very small town and the guy is awful good so would more do it as a favour for those customers who are quite loyal maybe. Extremely good service to have for a shop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement