Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kalita coffee gear in Ireland?

• 13-08-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

In time, to celebrate something or other, I'll go for some pour-over gear. I was thinking V60 stuff, but now I'm wondering about Kalita.

Are these available in Ireland (Dublin) anywhere, or am I best ordering on the likes of Amazon or, preferably, somewhere less evil that also has good prices?

Would anyone recommend Hario over Kalita or vice versa?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have a Kalita Wave. YOu can get one in 3Fe. You can get the filters there too.

I find them good except when the filters are getting towards the end of the pack, when you pour water in them sometimes they collapse into the middle.

Small complaint though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

If you rub a tiny bit of water inside the wave before putting in the papers they'll stick to the edges and won't collapse.
    Also storing the papers in the wave keeps their shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

PPC wrote: »
    If you rub a tiny bit of water inside the wave before putting in the papers they'll stick to the edges and won't collapse.
    Also storing the papers in the wave keeps their shape.

We keep the papers in a paper cup to help keep their shape. Most shops would be happy to give you one I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Still undecided. I'm intruiged by the Kalita being a little more fool-proof, but the Hario gear looks lovely. Not sure I'm gone on the Kalita kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Amazon have really improved their range and pricing over the last year
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hario-Decanter-Pourover-Coffee-Brewer/dp/B00755F9Z4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Good to know. I still feel drawn to the Hario range. I'd usually use the gear to make a single cup at home, but am wondering whether to get the V60 01 or larger 02 for flexibility, and whether to get the V60 1l or 1.2l.

Advertisement