Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop

• 13-08-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

For a limited time the adobe cloud photography package is now available at €9.99 a month, as opposed to €12.29, for a year’s contract – this is billed as a special offer but in the US the price has been stickied at $10 plus state tax after being offered initially as a ‘limited offer’.

I was already interested in this but had held off, partly in the hope that they would match the US price and partly as I already have lightroom 5, which i bought as part of a deal at the start of this year for around €50.

I love lightroom but in about 5% of the pictures i deal with i feel limited by simple edits that i know can be done easily in photoshop.

I have had access to photoshop in the recent past. I know the very basic functions, but i think now that i am ready to dive in learn a lot more about post.

What do people think of this offer? Do you think it’s worth it for you?

Has anyone experience of mobile lightroom on the ipad? I like the idea – i’ve used the photoshop express app and found it very handy, particularly for late-night and quick edits. Is it a sales gimmick or a genuinely useful extra tool?

I know ppl get upset about the subscription model, but it was out of my reach at the previous once off price.

Would there be any problem in cancelling next year if i am not getting the use of it? I know there are issues about the proprietary .cc files, but you can save edited files in another format if needs be. I’d still retain my current lightroom licence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

I also have lightroom and for the last two weeks I have been using the photoshop free trial with the intention of buying it.I will say that I am really enjoying it, I had no clue about layers and the tools but there are loads of tutorials out there that I am learning from. I don't think that its overly priced either.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

any links to those videos that you found useful starting off?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/edit-photo.html

Open this and give it a go to start with, then just go on to youtube and pick what you fancy as some can be very long.

great - i bit the bullet and went for it yesterday evening - watched a few of those videos, and got frustrated that lightroom is actually a lot more intuitive for certain tasks like masking. But I realise the learning curve will be steep, i get layers but i haven't figured out how to get them to do what i want yet. the spot healing tool is so much better than the lightroom equivalent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

There a tonne of free tutorials on the web. Start off in youtube. My favourite is phlearn.com. You'll pick up a tonne of nifty tricks and it goes from the basics to the more complicated end of town. Whole range of free and paid tutorials (I actually paid for a few and they are really good). I have the 9.99 deal and I think it's fantastic..

• Advertisement

thanks for that, Phlearn looks like a fantastic resource alright, even the free stuff looks comprehensive,

Advertisement