Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 4 GPS problem

• 13-08-2014 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

The GPS seems to work very intermittently on the phone. With a SAT-NAV app that used to work perfectly, it shows me on a parallel road, jumps back to the road I'm on and then just stops before putting me on another road. Just this morning it showed me at a location about a mile from where I was. This happens with any GPS app.

I've reset location and network settings, but to no avail. The screen was replaced a few months back, but I can't say that the problem started back then as I hadn't been using GPS at all.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Replacing the screen on an iphone requires disassembly of the device, its very possible that the antenna was broken during the process. There are a few threads online with people suffering the same problem.

Where did you get the screen replaced? Might be able to get them to have a look at it out of good will?

Advertisement