Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No icons for new posts?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Is there a post limit for new users to seeing the icons for various options above a new message, such as posting in bold or posting YouTube videos? Because I have none showing for me

I've tried in Chrome and IE, and have tried other forums but they haven't vanished there

Are they activated after a set period of time or is it an error at my end?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You don't get them as you can't post links yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Even simple things like smilies and posting in bold? Okay, fair enough

How many posts does it take before they activate? :)

Edit: Never mind, found it, 50 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Text alterations such as bold aren't restricted though.

I can still use BBCode to do them alright, but the actual icons to do them are missing

Can you post a screenshot of this happening (or rather failing to) please.

• Advertisement

dropbox....com/s/3tyhihp7whu3ouf/Screenshot%202014-08-13%2017.38.20.png

Go to the User Control Panel:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

and in the editor interface choice, what's it set to?

It was set to Enhanced Interface. I've tried all 3 options available, but none have made any difference

Odd, the version in your screenshot it the basic one.

Open a reply box so the editor is displayed, and press ctrl +F5 to force a refresh.

Done, still no change I'm afraid. Should I post about it in Site Development?

• Advertisement

I'll move this over there, since it essentially contains the basic checks and troubleshooting that would be asked for anyway.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement