Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Wicklow

• 13-08-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if there are any camping spots not in large caravan parks etc. Looking to head somewhere for a night with the girlfriend. Just the two of us and a tent. Ideally something coastal or lake, river etc .

Not really looking for just a spot in a field at silver strand. These spots dont look great for tenting...... or maybe i am wrong. if so, would love to hear any views ????

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

Try Hidden Valley Campsite.....I think the camping experience you are looking for is more akin to the American campsites though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

You could camp at lug na coille. There is a area where people pitch their tents beside a river. There are no facilities there, but a lot of private areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

cheers folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Niall_daaS

Ask Frank Quinn from Glenmalure. He can offer you a really quit place. Tell him I told you about.

frankquinn24 at gmail.com

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Camroc 10

I hear Hidden valley campsite is good. We were due to get there earlier in summer abut didn't manage it but reports were good.

Just wondering if there are any camping spots not in large caravan parks etc. Looking to head somewhere for a night with the girlfriend. Just the two of us and a tent. Ideally something coastal or lake, river etc .

Not really looking for just a spot in a field at silver strand. These spots dont look great for tenting...... or maybe i am wrong. if so, would love to hear any views ????

thanks[/quote]

• Advertisement
Advertisement