Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating... Help, please?

• 13-08-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

So I think I may have to repeat, won't know for definite until Monday. Is the Institute as good as everyone says? It's a lot of money so I kind of need to know if it is worth it. I'd love to hear your stories about it if possible. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plenty other places to repeat that won't cost you the earth. Only you know how much work you'll put in and if you are prepared to put in the work you will do well anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

It can be cheaper to repeat at your old school . If you weren't willing to put in the work their what makes you think you will at the institute . Going there doesn't guarantee anything .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

The only reason people go to the Institute is because of the notes. If you know someone who went to the institute just ask for their notes which should help you study if it suits your studying style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Really think about repeating, it can be a great experience for some and not for others,make out a pros and cons list for repeating vs taking another option/if you get an offer/a plc/etc.

Personally ,i believe where you repeat makes so little difference. When repeating you know all the basics already,of course the teachers will help you alot but the number one factor is the work you put in.

If you have any questions about repeating(not about schools), i'd love to try to help you if you pm me. Best of luck!

Advertisement