Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold calling

• 13-08-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

Didn't know what forum to put this post in. Trivial but annoying. I had a few missed calls from a Dublin number and was finally able to answer when they rang again today. It was Vodafone (I am a customer-bills paid up). I detest cold calling and when they have rang in the past I always said "I'm happy with my package. Thank you" (tbh, I'm not happy, but just wanted to end conversation). Today when I tried that line, guy said something like "why are you not interested" (words to that effect). I replied that "I don't like cold calling". He indignantly replied, "it's not cold calling as you are an existing customer". I wasn't expecting call, so I consider it cold calling. Am I wrong? Should I have ticked a box somewhere when I signed up? Sorry for the rant.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Tell them to remove you from all marketing lists and that any contact should only be where it is directly related to your account. They cannot call you where you request this.
    I do this as a matter of course when dealing with anyone who requests contact information.
    That said Vodafone are particularly bad so you may need to take it all the way to Comreg.

Advertisement