Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got the points but not the grade

• 13-08-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

well I had applied for events management with public relations in gmit and got over 30 points for entry requirement but I didn't get enough for maths :/ I got a D2 when I needed a B2. Pretty ****ty.
    really wish I had gotten the b2 in foudation maths tbh don't even know what I'll get offered now on Monday! I have an interview for a plc on the 27th August..I have humanities in Carlow Down as a CAO option aswell and I got over the points requirement for that too. God the gmit is a sickener when I got the points but not the grade though!! any Advice?? :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    well I had applied for events management with public relations in gmit and got over 30 points for entry requirement but I didn't get enough for maths :/ I got a D2 when I needed a B2. Pretty ****ty.
    really wish I had gotten the b2 in foudation maths tbh don't even know what I'll get offered now on Monday! I have an interview for a plc on the 27th August..I have humanities in Carlow Down as a CAO option aswell and I got over the points requirement for that too. God the gmit is a sickener when I got the points but not the grade though!! any Advice?? :/

I remember reading, that some colleges offer to do repeat tests in maths in order to pass for requirements. You will have to look into it more, maybe give the college a ring see if they offer it. If so they will let you repeat the maths exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Is the requirement a B2 in Foundation and you got a D2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Yes, unfortunately :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yes, unfortunately :/

Well your options are as follows:

Are you happy to take Humanities in Carlow if you are offered it on Monday?
    Do you think it is worth repeating? Even if it was maths only?
    You could do the PLC for the year and repeat maths and apply for event management next year, if you have the points this year it would only be a case of passing maths.

It might be worth your while viewing your script, it's unlikely it will go up from D2 to B2, but check for mistakes and if there are none, check where you went wrong so if you repeat you know where you need to improve.

Advertisement