Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crumlin college interview vtos?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys. I applied for college and just heard word from them that the college interview will be in the next 2 weeks and a letter and time will be sent out next week.

I was just wondering how do you go about vtos payments? I was going to bring it up in the interview but don't want to come off the wrong way and have them thinking im just interested in the extra few bob.

I am hoping to be on a vtos payment and when I was talking to someone who already got accepted in Crumlin college they said they had to go for an interview in Crumlin college and they helped get it sorted

The thing is on my application I dont recall there being any boxes to tick or any other options on it and with it being mid august I am starting to panic because I am lost when it comes to this kind of thing.

I am eligible for it as I have already read up on it.

Could anyone who has sone knowledge on this subject please share :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Ask at the interview. Its a common question at a lot of adult ed / further ed interviews. The centre staff know that fulltime study brings additional expense and finding out what your options are is sensible. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

GerBear93 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I applied for college and just heard word from them that the college interview will be in the next 2 weeks and a letter and time will be sent out next week.

I was just wondering how do you go about vtos payments? I was going to bring it up in the interview but don't want to come off the wrong way and have them thinking im just interested in the extra few bob.

I am hoping to be on a vtos payment and when I was talking to someone who already got accepted in Crumlin college they said they had to go for an interview in Crumlin college and they helped get it sorted

The thing is on my application I dont recall there being any boxes to tick or any other options on it and with it being mid august I am starting to panic because I am lost when it comes to this kind of thing.

I am eligible for it as I have already read up on it.

Could anyone who has sone knowledge on this subject please share :)

They will sort it out for you, as long as your eligible for vtos.
    Christine in the office is great and will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GerBear93

Thank you both for the reply really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

As far as I remember they have limited funds and there is only so many students each year that can be put on VTOS. At least that's what I've been told by their VTOS coordinator when starting a course back in 2010.

They used to go by the date of your college application when deciding who gets it. If you are eligible for VTOS but won't get it, you can still get BTEA from social welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭newfrontier

normally once you ask at the interview they can set up a meeting with the VTOS coordinator they will get it organised for you. Just be aware there are normally only a set amount of places per college so get in early with your request... best of luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement