Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post going to previous rental

Options
  • 13-08-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Slightly off topic but just moved out of rented accommodation. What are my rights with regard calling around to the old house to pick up post. Called round te other day and new tenant was not very helpful. Said there was no post when I believe there should have been. She said I could call back again after I pushed her on it and she said she'd check. Is she obliged to keep it for me at least per the next month or two while I get very thing sorted out with my own post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭wench

hp1 wrote: »
    Is she obliged to keep it for me at least per the next month or two while I get very thing sorted out with my own post?

No, she isn't. She can't open or destroy it, but she can return it to sender.
    An Post will redirect to your new address, for a fee.
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Managing+Mail/Redirection/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

hp1 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but just moved out of rented accommodation. What are my rights with regard calling around to the old house to pick up post. Called round te other day and new tenant was not very helpful. Said there was no post when I believe there should have been. She said I could call back again after I pushed her on it and she said she'd check. Is she obliged to keep it for me at least per the next month or two while I get very thing sorted out with my own post?

An post will forward your post. It's €130 per year. That way you are not bothering anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

hp1 I've created your own thread, please try not to hijack other peoples threads.

Thanks

Advertisement