Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor Gas - is it expensive?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I am buying an holiday home with calor gas central heating - communal gas tank - is it expensive? Can I change to oil, if I find it too expensive. 3 bed semi C1 rating.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Yes it's very expensive and their customer service is a nightmare. I personally wouldn't buy one. We just got a letter about another increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Hi! Anxious,

That put's me off a lot - how expensive is it?

Do you know if it is possible to change to oil if you have a communal tank,ie. get your own oil tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Yes it's very expensive and their customer service is a nightmare. I personally wouldn't buy one. We just got a letter about another increase.

What are you paying per kwh? What's the standing charge?

Your statement could be very misleading, as you are leaving out vital information needed to do a price comparasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I'll look for a bill and post later.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭burdburd

I know this post is late but wanted to inform the readers of potential rip off with this crowd . Current price is 2.8622 per m3. Bill of 485 euro (05.12.14- 03.02. 15 ) despite stove with back boiler lit every day at 16.00 to preheat system. Bill includes 2 weeks unoccupied with heat off over xmas.

Amazed at the cost of the latest bill despite burning a stove every day and night.

I know about insulation etc. New house built 2011. I am a tenant on calor group tank scheme.

Avoid this LPG system like the plaque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Calor are a rip off. I pay 3.0083 per m³. Standing charge is 0.2950 per day. They have given us (Its a "group" scheme) ONE measly reduction since the price of oil dropped. They increased it a dozen times over the years, IMMEDIATELY after oil went up!! What are other Calor customers paying per m³ ? Anyone know how to convert this to a kwh cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Kalyke wrote: »
    Calor are a rip off. I pay 3.0083 per m³. Standing charge is 0.2950 per day. They have given us (Its a "group" scheme) ONE measly reduction since the price of oil dropped. They increased it a dozen times over the years, IMMEDIATELY after oil went up!! What are other Calor customers paying per m³ ? Anyone know how to convert this to a kwh cost?

From a quick google its about 11 cubic metre per kwh.

Advertisement