Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep ripping my jeans :(

• 13-08-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Don't know if anyone else has this problem but it's happened to the last I don't know how many pairs of jeans!! I've tried skinny jeans from new look, penneys and dorothy perkins and inevitably, after about a year, they rip along the inner thigh near the crotch.

Is this just because they are cheaper quality jeans? Or am I not looking after them properly? I wash them at 40 degrees and don't tumble dry them. They keep their shape, just wear away at the inseam. If I invest in a pair of levis or equivalent will this still happen?
    Any advise to making jeans last longer?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This always happens me too. I thought it was my thighs, but it happens to a very slender friend of mine too. I've no idea what it is, only the jeans I buy tend to be quite cheap and made of mostly cotton (usually American Eagle jeans). Sorry I can't help, but I hope other people have ideas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think it's because of friction, it happens to me too. Fabric composition doesn't seem to make a huge amount of difference but I think it happens faster with my skinny jeans because they have more elastic. No way around it that I've found :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I didn't have much problems with this before except with pair of Zara jeans that were quite cheap. It's annoying because they were the best fit I found in years and they don't sell them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

meeeeh wrote: »
    I didn't have much problems with this before except with pair of Zara jeans that were quite cheap. It's annoying because they were the best fit I found in years and they don't sell them anymore.

I too had problems with some cheap zara jeans, Think they were about 25 euro each on special, got 4 pairs of different colours but all same fit. All 4 have ripped at the pockets and the crotch, shame as they were a good fit also.

I've had a pair of Muji Jeans for about 1 year now that I really like, they haven't had an problems and are really comfortable to wear, lighter than other jeans I've had and softer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

miss-p wrote: »
    Is this just because they are cheaper quality jeans?

I think you answered your own question. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Fair enough. Going to try some proper jeans and see how I get on with them so. :P

Advertisement