Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Drama Course for Training to be a teacher

Options
  • 13-08-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am researching this at the moment and so far I can see Griffith college do a drama teaching training course but it is v. expensive.

I know there is one called the The Russell Academy.

Does anyone know of courses that are highly regarded and would qualify you to teach drama? I want to teach children after school.

Thanks for any help on this!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

To be honest the costs on Griffiths website is pretty much standard for any third level qualification. You could contact the Irish Board of Speech & Drama to see the pricing on any of their offerings would be better (http://irishboard.ie/] They don't seem to list any of their term fees online, only the exam fees.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The Irish Board of Speech & Drama are the examination board for the drama teacher qualification but you need to find a teacher to provide the training. If you contact them they can provide a list of teachers in your area

The exams are tough and a lot of work is required to meet the expectations.

Afaik the qualification is recognised in the UK but best to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 klaramcdonnell

I highly recommend Artstrain at NAYD, its for drama facilitation. I'm just finishing a year there and loved it

Advertisement