Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus route in cork city

Options
  • 13-08-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the 208 bus route in cork city.
    There is a bus stop near ashmount mews in cork and it says it serves the 208 bus into the city does anyone know how frequent this bus service is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

See here, it runs about every 10 minutes during peak hours, roughly every 20 minutes otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sg2014

Thanks for that, do you use this bus service yourself? I"m just a bit concerned about how frequent it is, I would need to get to the city centre from ashmount mews at the latest by 8.30 in the morning, I have never used this bus route so I'm not sure how reliable it is, or how long it would take to get to the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If it's critical I would never trust the bus tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sg2014 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, do you use this bus service yourself? I"m just a bit concerned about how frequent it is, I would need to get to the city centre from ashmount mews at the latest by 8.30 in the morning, I have never used this bus route so I'm not sure how reliable it is, or how long it would take to get to the city centre

The earlier buses in the morning, like before 8, would be on time I'd say because the traffic isn't as bad....after that though I couldn't guarantee. I'm on that bus route and when I was in college (many moons ago!) I used to get the bus sometimes at 8 or 8.10 and I'd just barely make it out to UCC for 9 so I would be getting a much earlier bus if you want to get into town by 8.30 - getting the bus at say 7.45 would be much faster I reckon as most people haven't left for work/school at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sg2014

Thanks for your advice, it generally takes around 20 mins to get into the city from ashmount doesn't it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sg2014 wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice, it generally takes around 20 mins to get into the city from ashmount doesn't it??

Yes, generally, but on bad weather mornings and weekdays the buses after a certain time in the morning tend to be late (in my experience anyway), hence why I advise you get an earlier bus, even if you do end up being in town that bit early :)

Advertisement