Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with wording on entry requirements

• 13-08-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm sure I have the points for my 5th choice on CAO.
    However My 4th choice requires "grade D3 in Irish or another language." I did not do another language but am exempt from irish. Do I have the entry requirements?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

I'm not sure about other colleges but as far as I am aware if your exemption is for dyslexia (I'm not sure about other reasons for exemption) you are exempt from Irish and the foreign language requirements in any NUI. Also some colleges class the English exam as a language exam and some don't so if in doubt contact the college directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

If it is a course requirement the exemption might not be sufficient. Contact the Admissions Office of the College where the course is.

Advertisement