Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I still get my grant and lone parents allowance?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Both the op and her partner are in college and presumably both will be working and contributing taxes in the near future. Those complaining that the girl may be able to claim a payment for a period of time need to cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭akaMrSmith

brembo26 wrote: »
    I was half way through typing an essay of a post but then I thought, whats the point?

All I am basically saying is if your financial situation is in shyte then dont have a kid. Get to a stage first where parent(s) and child can have a comfortable life and not have to struggle week to week whether they are in the welfare system or not.

Taxes? They are irrelevant in what I am trying to say.

Getting to a stable finanical position is ideal but not always possible. For those that do not get to such a place, which is many, there has to be a support system for them. The OP is studing, thats admirable. Once her study is complete she will be in a better position to gain employment, until then I for one am glad that I live in a country which offers support. We dont live in the type of country that lets children starve to death because their parents are poor. I am very proud of that fact and I hope it continues. Anyone that thinks differently is welcome to their thoughts, I hope I never support their thoughts however. Children should always be protected regardless of their parents circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

mcko wrote: »
    Well then he should not be giving you baby if he can't afford to be a dad.
    What a country.

It's comments like these that make me despair for this country not the op and their situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

thread closed for cleanup. As I'm currently on mobile, it will be much later before I can have a look. At first glance, there will be some infractions/bannings. Posters are reminded to read the forum charter, and aquaint themselves with the forum rules. Posts in this forum should be constructive and helpful - some posters in particular would do well to heed this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement