Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vostrom Dl 1000

• 14-08-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Since I've got the TDM done up, valve seals, rings etc and there is zero loss of oil anymore, was considering selling/trading in for a vstrom, do they ride well? At the mo the Tdm is a gift, but I wouldn't mind an extra 150cc.
    I was quoted absolutely mad money from megabikes, and I'm thinking €4000 should get you a decent one. (€9000 btw was the quote, think Robbie may have been quoting me a brand new one though)
    I know theres a few out there that have 1000 vstrom s, whats a fair price, and is their a big difference between the years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Since I've got the TDM done up, valve seals, rings etc and there is zero loss of oil anymore, was considering selling/trading in for a vstrom, do they ride well? At the mo the Tdm is a gift, but I wouldn't mind an extra 150cc.
    I was quoted absolutely mad money from megabikes, and I'm thinking €4000 should get you a decent one. (€9000 btw was the quote, think Robbie may have been quoting me a brand new one though)
    I know theres a few out there that have 1000 vstrom s, whats a fair price, and is their a big difference between the years?

....'sfunny, was thinking along the same lines myself - but they don't even have the V-Strom on their website. I suspect it's 9k+your bike they're talking......

I'm going to NEC in November to look/sit/kick on all manner of things - there doesn't seem to be anyone stocking anything these days.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I'm lookin at private sales, and they seem to come in at about €4 g mark, give or take, I'm presuming this is the norm? Is there a big price difference between years? Just seems that 5G is a tad too far,

...just from my own scanning of DD etc, your price range is about right.

I can't say I know anyone other than 1 person who's had one, so can't offer any help on model years. Being Suzuki's I suspect any differences are cosmetic or possible 'editions' - e.g. they probably had special offers at certain times so you might see them with full hard luggage and other farkles.

If it's anything like as good as my SO's SV650 it must be a hoot. They really do make very good V-Twins.

[edit] just found this page: http://www.suzuki-ireland.ie/on-road/street-bikes/ they only show the old model, and nothing all about the new one. Suzuki importer here was always odd. [/edit]

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

As you know i got a vstrom 1000 recently. Gotta say i fooking love it!!

Only mod left for me is bar pullbacks to bring them back near 2 inches and it will be perfection for me.

From what i know there is little or no difference in the 1000 through the years.
    Try get a GT model if possible. It comes with factory fit heated grips, centre stand and full luggage system.

I paid just under 8k for mine and its 2010 GT model with 14,000Km on the clock.
    That was from a dealer.

Having a poke arount donedeal for a GT model.
    There are 2 there that looks good to me.

http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/motorbike/6967886

And if you budget jumps up and you want something newer then:

http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/dl-1000/7324706

Looks like that one is a dealer. Absolutely awful ad with no details apart from the mileage which is crazy low. The lack of effort to even fully type the word condition would put me off tbh. Dopes!

EDIT.... Just looking at that crap ad again... Its advertised as 2011 but im near sure the plate in the pic says 09?

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »
    Having a poke arount donedeal for a GT model.
    There are 2 there that looks good to me.

http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/motorbike/6967886

And if you budget jumps up and you want something newer then:

http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/dl-1000/7324706

Looks like that one is a dealer. Absolutely awful ad with no details apart from the mileage which is crazy low. The lack of effort to even fully type the word condition would put me off tbh. Dopes!

EDIT.... Just looking at that crap ad again... Its advertised as 2011 but im near sure the plate in the pic says 09?

I rang the latter ad. If you look at the ad, he has 3 for sale: an 06, an 09 and an 11 reg.

Prices 4.5k /7.5k/8.5k. The '11 reg one has only 4500kms on it.

He also has a KTM Adventure and he thinks the has a Crosstourer coming in.

It's a shop in Cork , though currently closed for the holidays - shop opens again from Tuesday 19th.

Ode To The Motorist

If the dude has that kinda info to hand then it should be in the sale ad.
    This lazy crap does my head in.

That aside. He has them all priced well for a dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That second ad is John Tyner in Innishannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

blade1 wrote: »
    That second ad is John Tyner in Innishannon
    He's ......different. Thats all I'll say.

CJhaughey wrote: »

Ah now, that's just Too intriguing. ..!

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

CJhaughey wrote: »
    galwaytt wrote: »
    Ah now, that's just Too intriguing. ..!

Bought some gear off him over 20 years ago but once in a blue moon I call down for a look at what he's got!
    Seems a sound enough bloke and a bit of a character.

Advertisement