Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert 2015

• 14-08-2014 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

hi guys i was wondering if any one on this is repeating the leaving certificate for 2015...... i know we still haven't got our cao offers but i know i wont get the course I want
    is anyone thinking of repeating the leaving cert???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

hey,if you have any questions about repeating send me a pm ,i'd be happy to try to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Shano1996

Do not repeat, do a PLC course. The leaving cert is stressful enough without having to do it twice! Look up the course you want and see if they accept FETAC entry routes, if so find out the FETAC courses they accept and the minimum requirements for the course, then find that plc course in a college of further education, complete it with minimum requirements and you are basically in. Obviously getting above minimum requirements increase your chances but its usually just the minimum you need. I got minimum requirements in my FETAC results which was 5 distinctions and was offered a place in a level 8 course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RosiexoPosie

My sister is thinking of repeating this year to do Maths in Trinity .Today I went with her to Plunkett College, Oconnells college and Rathmines college.Does anybody about the social aspect of any of these courses as she is very shy and self conscious .As we live in Ashbourne she fears most people will be from Dublin and know eachother making it harder for her to make friends .Any help or advice from people planning to do these courses or that did these courses would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

My sister is thinking of repeating this year to do Maths in Trinity .Today I went with her to Plunkett College, Oconnells college and Rathmines college.Does anybody about the social aspect of any of these courses as she is very shy and self conscious .As we live in Ashbourne she fears most people will be from Dublin and know eachother making it harder for her to make friends .Any help or advice from people planning to do these courses or that did these courses would be appreciated

sent you a pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hey guys I repeated the Leaving this year and I can honestly tell you it was the best decision of my life. I realise now that I probably didn't have the maturity to go to uni the first time around whereas now I feel I do. It's not easy and the year doesn't exactly speed by but it is totally worth it in the end.

Just remember though that repeating doesn't automatically get you what you want-you still have to work. Some people repeat and get less points. It can happen.

As other posters have mentioned there are other options available. However if your somebody who has your heart set on UCD or Trinity you are better off to have another craic at the Leaving than try a PLC route as the number of FETAC places available would be small but have a high number of applicants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement