Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A person needs company, to speak English, Tralee

Options
  • 14-08-2014 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

A lady is going to stay in Tralee for a couple of weeks in September. She would be interested in any kind of English-speaking company. It can be volunteering work, some real work (no payment, or even small payment from her - for the pleasure to speak English:)). It can be just hanging around chatting about everything. Her current level of English is medium, I'd say. She is smart and intelligent person, good with computers (ex-teacher of IT in Estonia). Any ideas/offers/comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

I think most single men have just thought...could you supply a photo!

Hope it works out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Check with volunteer or charity organisations who are always looking for a helping hand. Meals on Wheels etc would provide lots of verbal interaction with grateful recipients also.

This might sound like a no brainer but watching the news or Irish tv shows on RTE etc will also help her pick up vocabulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

I think most single men have just thought...could you supply a photo!

Hope it works out for her.
    Thank you Conor! Fortunately this is not a dating site, so publishing photos is somewhat inappropriate ;) But I can assure you of two things. First, she is beautiful. Second, I am biased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

ongarboy wrote: »
    Check with volunteer or charity organisations who are always looking for a helping hand. Meals on Wheels etc would provide lots of verbal interaction with grateful recipients also.

This might sound like a no brainer but watching the news or Irish tv shows on RTE etc will also help her pick up vocabulary.
    Thanks, ongarboy! Well, the TV is not an option here, because it is one way communication. But charity and volunteer organisations might be a good idea.. Anything except MoW that you could think of? Sorry I am not Irish myself, so not an expert...

Advertisement